GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My shell is progressing nicely, with much welding taking place.

Having now felt the weight of the stock pedal boxes and servo’s I am considering scrapping them off and fitting a Tilton or opb floor mounted pedal box.

This will save weight, clean up the engine bay and allow me to move the drivers weight to the rear.

My worry is that without the servo assistance the brakes and clutch will be uncomfortably heavy and destroy the feel / drivability of the car (r32)

So I would like to know from those that have done it:

1. Was it an improvement?
2. Do you like the feel of the clutch and brakes?
3. Would you do it again?

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I can only comment on the clutch servo. With a RB30 and larger plenum I had to move to a Almera clutch master cylinder which has a remote reservoir so I ditched the clutch servo and at the same time got rid of the clutch hard pipe loop. No problems at all and with a Carbonetic triple the clutch pedal isn't horribly heavy.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can only comment on the clutch servo. With a RB30 and larger plenum I had to move to a Almera clutch master cylinder which has a remote reservoir so I ditched the clutch servo and at the same time got rid of the clutch hard pipe loop. No problems at all and with a Carbonetic triple the clutch pedal isn't horribly heavy.
That’s good to know Thankyou

1 - 3 of 3 Posts