GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tuned my car with cobb for 93 octane, My GTR is stage 4.5 (upgraded turbos, IC, full exhaust, intake, injector, fuel press regulator, etc)
If I use race gas VP MS109 without specific race gas map, how many hp & tq can I expect compared to 93 octane?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Without calibration to suit you won't see much if any increase. You will need quite a bit more advance to take advantage. If the car is knocking on the current tune you will of course see a gain with no mapping!

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
I've tuned my car with cobb for 93 octane, My GTR is stage 4.5 (upgraded turbos, IC, full exhaust, intake, injector, fuel press regulator, etc)
If I use race gas VP MS109 without specific race gas map, how many hp & tq can I expect compared to 93 octane?

I cant tell you how much power you can gain on your spec, but my motor gains 120 hp from the vpower map upto the e50 map.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Without calibration to suit you won't see much if any increase. You will need quite a bit more advance to take advantage. If the car is knocking on the current tune you will of course see a gain with no mapping!
I thought DBA has dynamic timing ?

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
also if I'm not mistaken you will need uprated fuel pumps and lines because race fuel will knacker your existing pump and lines due to the material not being designed for the chemical strength. I'm not 100% sure about this but a couple of different tuners mentioned this

1 - 5 of 5 Posts