GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a used racing catalyst for sale. It was fitted to my R33 GT-R but it might fit other cars as well. The cat has 3 inch inlet/outlet pipes and is in great condition (see photos)

I bought the cat a few weeks ago to try and make my Blitz NUR system quiet enough to pass noise tests at Bedford Autodrome - it still wasn't quiet enough though.

I was originally running a decat pipe but when I fitted this cat there was almost no change in exhaust note and I couldn't pick out any change in performance. I am only selling it because my tuner is not comfortable with me running high boost (1.4 bar) with the cat fitted.

I think these cats go for about £250 new so I would be happy to take £150 for this one. Postage should be about £10 ish if anyone wants me to post it.

Please drop me a message if you have any questions,

Cheers

CharlieM

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am interested but I need to know the density as that determines whether it is an 'uprated' cat or a sports cat. For reference, a standard cat is usually 4-500 cells per square inch, uprated cats (as I call them) are 300 cells per square inch and a proper sports cat is 100-200cells per square inch.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi JohnS,

Sos for the delay - I have measured the cat matrix for you.

Each cell is about 3mmx2mm - which is about 108 cells/square inch.

Cheers

CharlieM

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi all,

I am open to sensible offers if anyone is thinking about it!

CharlieM

1 - 14 of 14 Posts