GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running with Racing Hart alloys. Im looking at getting a set of the CR alloys in gunmetal. How good are they? Any suppliers who are selling these at a decent price...

Im wanting an alloy with a really nice deep dish and these look perfect for what i want although they are very expensive..

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wheels

I wish m8..Im told my wheels cant be done properly.The polished lip is actually stainless over alloy so makes it sligtly hader but to take the scuff marks out of as the stainless isnt very thick and this is somehow joined to the basket and would be damaged if removed.The refurbisher cant get the centre seperated from the rest as the bolts are held on by oval shaped nuts which arent designed to come off easily--could be cut out but all new bolts which arent readily available would be needed.Im totally gutted right now.Should have the wheels back shortly with just a general clean up done but i wanted them done to concours standards and thats not going to happen. So only thing left is to sell the wheels and buy wheels i like and boy do i like the Racing Hart CR`S in gunmetal--im not willing to pay £1900 without tyres though--just not on im afraid......

Suggestions on split rims with a deep,deep dish with grey or gunmetal finish...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Wheels...........

Ive seen your beauty in the flesh, so I think the gun metal finish would be cool!!!!!!:) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wheels

The guy doing my wheel refurb sent me an email today. He has polished the outer rim so the wheels are presentable on the car. As he couldnt split the rim down he wet sanded from 600 grit up to 10,000 grip by hand ( so he didnt damage the spokes, he then did some final polishing).I had a dream of a grey or gunmetal finish on the spokes and wanted powder coating rather than painting, so i need to decide if i keep the wheels or sell them on..A few pics of the rim polished ( a wheel cleaner i used ate through the anodised type finishing right through to the alloy underneath--all fixed up now...:)

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Newera probably the best but just have a good look every where. Your probly looking at £1200 but you can have any size and off set you wish!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts