GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put this on the 'electronics' forum yesterday afternoon, but had no replies, so am gonna try on here, coz i know someone here knows the answer, they just don't read the 'electronics' forum !

Racing starter button

Bought a Racing Starter Button off 'Ebay', problem is, instructions in Japanese, with my very modest understanding of these sorts of things i have figured out all the wires bar the white one with a male end on it, any ideas ??

(Cem, apologies for putting this here, just want an answer, sorry)

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
tobes,

i've no idea what specific starter button you've got, but, generally speaking the electrical connections would be a piece of ****.

Tell us more detail about the switch.. how many connections does it have? What have you hooked it up to so far?

We'll no doubt be able to help if you give us more info.

Jon

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Starter button

Jon,
it's an 'OBX Racing Sports' button, it is basically the button itself with two black wires coming out and a small black box with four wires coming out, (yellow, red, black, and white) the yellow and red go into a harness which goes into the three pin ignition socket, the black wire goes into one of the two wires coming out of the button using male and female connectors, and the other black wire coming out of the button goes to the handbrake (only live when handbrake on), which leaves me with a white wire that i don't know where to put.
Hope that makes it a bit clearer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Ground it. The little black box is a relay, it takes power from the handbrake-on light...

so handbrake is +volts, it then goes in series through the switch, into the relay coil, other end of the coil is grounded.

the wires that go to the harness are relay switch outputs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts