GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya chaps, have any of you guys noticed this issue. I've got a MY11 which those of you who have seen it will know I keep in pristine condition so if anything isn't as it should I would notice it almost immediately, anyway I noticed that the water cap on the engine side which if I'm not mistaken is the radiator cap dribbles now and again when it feels like it. It doesn't have a set routine meaning I could drive for days and not a drop, could give some and nothing but out the blue it will dribble with or without a thrashing. I had the same issue with my previous my09 aswell and it leaves green colour streaks around the pipes and engine which then smells and also spoils the look as it's totally spotless under the bonnet other wise. Has anyone else had this issue. Cheers guys

·
Vendor
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And just spoke to my nhpc and the chap in the parts section was saying that they list 2 different part numbers, one is the stock cap and one is for modified cars which must be either higher pressure or stronger or something and they are both listed for the gtr, has anyone else heard this or used one

·
Vendor
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like I must be the only one with this issue, according to the dealers I'm not alone it's a common problem

·
Vendor
17 Posts
There are two caps, one that is only a sealing cap without any spring (goes on the engine side) and does sometimes leak around the rubber surface. Replace and be good to go.

The cap on the coolant tank is the one with the spring in it, and I've not had an issue with it leaking. Just make sure not to get the two mixed up or else you will loose all your coolant.

·
Vendor
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it's the one on the engine side not on header tank, did you replace with a stock cap in uprated one

·
Vendor
17 Posts
Yeah it's the one on the engine side not on header tank, did you replace with a stock cap in uprated one
The stock one will work just fine- No reason to upgrade as it's just the stamped steel with a bit of rubber. There should be no springs below it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts