GTR Forum banner

Radar Jammer ?

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Dan_BlitzedS14 
#1 ·
Dino / Anybody,

Do you recognise these boxes, there are two of them above the intercooler facing forward.

They look like they might be radar jammers, but they did not set off a radar detector when (I think) I switched them on.

There is a switch on the dash below the steering wheel that beeps when you switch it that I assume is connected to the gadgets.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Looks like a radar sensor. A friend has something very similar fitted in exactly the same position and it's connected to the main box in the car.
The UK uses different frequencies to Japan so I think its pretty useless over there.
Any chance you can attach a picture of the main unit...just to make sure it is a radar detector.

#5 ·
Jammers

As far as I know the ability to Jam Rader (sending spurious chirps to the transceiver/receiver) is still far from being available to the average consumer. The only real way to avoid police prosecution by the police for speeding is to drive with Belgium number plates in the UK…

Dan 'M20s Most Wanted' King

:D

#7 ·
Guys, no offence but where have you all been for the last year??? You really should speak to us fast Car/Max Power boys more often :D

It's a Snooper SLD (Snooper Laser Diffuser) 920. It uses the 2 sensors at the front to scramble a signal from a hand held gun. When it was tested with all the different types of gun used by the police forces across the country, not one of them could get a sped reading, even from 20ft away!!! Better than that though, is that none of them bought up the "jammer" notice on the gun itself, they just displayed error codes and said they couldn't get a reading! In short, they are kewl. :D

Oh, and just to distinguish myself from most of the Maxy P boys, here's a pic of my SR20DET lump (from the S14 200sx) that Abbey took after fitting my HKS forged pistons. I know it's not a GTR but it's not exactly a Nova either is it?? :D

#11 ·
http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/

If youhave any questions to ask on this subject check out this web site, Very objective and a large input from the Police

Knolage is Power! when dealing with Speed traps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.