GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Can anyone advise on an issue im having with the radiator fans on my 2013 model. I think they have stopped working as when i am parked or in traffic the coolant temperature starts to rocket and i cannot hear the fans coming on. Cools down to normal when driving along and if bonnet is lifted to vent the heat.

Ive checked the 2 large blue fuses that say RAD FAN and they seem intact... is there any other fuses linked to them?
Ive checked relays but i dont know which is which and how you know if they are faulty.
Is there anything else i can do to narrow my issue down without going to a garage or using a plug in tool first.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
87 normal driving when stopped rises to 95 within a few seconds. Havent let it go past that without shutting off or driving off.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
I've had this on other cars and it turned out to be a faulty coolant thermostat valve that is then not ultimately triggering the fan. Hopefully an easy fix and you'll be all sorted.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to update. Did a diagnostics auto test cycle on the car (which ends with it checking the fans). All working fine. Took the car for a drive and 20mins idle. Cycling from 95 back down completely fine. Must have just been paranoid or not hearing fans before but its definately working now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts