GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's awful in my GTR when compared to my other cars, anyone else had the same problem? I'm tempted to see if it can be made better anyway.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Yup, mine is shocking, barely any of the stations work.

It used to work fine when new, its complete crap now.

I need DAB.

·
Registered
387 Posts
From memory, I believe there is an aerial amplifier. I'd check that is getting power i.e. the fuse is ok first.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I tended to "put up" with it, but then I just decided to use TuneIn Radio app and stream all my stations over Bluetooth

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
From memory, I believe there is an aerial amplifier. I'd check that is getting power i.e. the fuse is ok first.
I haven't driven my car in around 7 months, but I seem to recall it getting maybe one channel, so imagine that's my issue. Thinking about it fuse went on the speakers about 2 years ago, could be linked to that.

Anyway, barely ever listen to the radio.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will talk to Lee, see if he can figure something out.

I like listening to LBC :D and the crap radio puts me off taking the GTR out sometimes.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Never had a problem with mine. All the places the radio drops out are the same as the other cars I've owned and been in

·
Registered
609 Posts
I will talk to Lee, see if he can figure something out.

I like listening to LBC :D and the crap radio puts me off taking the GTR out sometimes.
Switched to EZI DAB with an Ariel booster mounted in the screen, problem solved

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Jamie, don't get the ezi-dab. When lbc switched on dab last week I made did a load of research and the consensus was the same. The one to get is dab motion. Google it. Works invisibly too.

There's a slight delay in switching channels but I leave my radio on lbc all the time anyway.

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
mine picks up fine, there we go, just jinxed it lol.. seriously tho mine does...

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jamie, don't get the ezi-dab. When lbc switched on dab last week I made did a load of research and the consensus was the same. The one to get is dab motion. Google it. Works invisibly too.

There's a slight delay in switching channels but I leave my radio on lbc all the time anyway.
Cheers, will look it up.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just fitted the DAB Motion, it seems to pick up everything other than the only channel I want to listen to, LBC :(

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
That's very odd!

How's the reception on the stations it does connect to?

How did you do the aerial? the stick on one or did you splice into the factory aerial?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts