GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
were do i start, just took radio out of car to find out why i couldnt get the radio to work, found out i need an adapter for the 2 prong ariel plug, but connectors back in radio wont come on , had half the dash out checking wiring for most of the day, wish i hadnt, found dodgy wiring for greddy boost controller, blitz turbo timer, defi boost ,oil gauges, tidyed wires up for these
except the gauges, also fitted tourqe converter, how to get radio working again would be great. any help anyone.:sadwavey:

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Well, my understanding is, the radio won't work if the aerial is not connected, so fix this and you should be away! (i think it uses aerial as ground)
got mine off ebay!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Halfords or Autoleads do an antenna adapter for the 2 prong connection so go in and ask at Halfords or call Autoleads. Halfords will have to order this part.

The stereo does earth through the antenna but the Nissan audio adapter, again available from the above, has an earth wire on it that doesnt continue once connected to the Nissan loom. All you need to do it cut the black earth and connect it to an earth point. Easy !!

Let me know if you have any bother :thumbsup:

·
Ol' School GTROC
636 Posts
anyone have problems fitting an aftermarket stereo in an R32? I have an alpine that I want to fit....

·
Registered
452 Posts
anyone have problems fitting an aftermarket stereo in an R32? I have an alpine that I want to fit....
No problems if you follow my previous comment and also purchase the audio connecter from Halfords/Autoleads that converts the Nissan stero plugs to ISO fitment. ISO is the type of connection on your Alpine unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts