GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All.

Just thought you'd be interested to hear some figures on Ronnies R33 that ran at the above airfield today.

189mph from standing start to I believe 1.3/1.4 miles measured by Radar. Ronnie took the distance for this on his trip so don't know how accurate that is but hope to follow up soon with exact distance.

He also achieved a 11.6 1/4 mile when not launching specifically for a 1/4 mile run. Reason was they measured a 1/4 mile with timing lights and then continued through to the 1.3/1.4 mile marker and Ronnie wasn't too bothered about the 1/4 mile times. Got to be a 10 second car in the future hopefully.

I think this is very impressive as this was his first 'shakedown' run in the car of 2002. Also he was 2 up on all his 4 runs so even more impressive really. Gary at GT-Art said that if he was on his own during the runs he would have achieved possibly 5mph more top end and maybe .5 second off his 1/4 mile. Superb or what.

I bet you can't wait for yours Rupert can you. Get on the phone to Mark :D .

The car will be back to Mark at Abbey's soon for some more mapping so goods thing to come :D .

Will keep you all posted.

Bye for now.

glen

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Also

Forget to say great day out with Gary, Henry, Paul, Andy, Dan, Shaun, Lee, Alexis and if I missed anyone I apologise.

Also a big thanks to Richie from the SX Owners Club, www.200sxoc.com, for arranging the day and allowing us to come along.

All the GTR's ran respectable and no doubt the guys will post their results up here as and when.

glen.

·
Registered
275 Posts
had a great day out, a big thanks to the organisers!
good to meet glenn and paul again. had fun doing 170mph, and then introducing paul to the joys of twin plate clutches:D

will definately do it again!:smokin:

·
Registered
832 Posts
Cheers for your kind words Glen. I'll pass everyone's thanks onto Richie on your behalf.

Was an excellent day, marred only by the delays caused by the timing radar's being blow about in the wind.

I was the lucky chappie in the passenger seat of Ronnie's monster doing 189mph:smokin: That's one f....ing fast motor

Sorry I didn't get to meet up with you Spudgun, or Gary, maybe next time.

Also, Hi to Paul, we never did catch up in the end did we? How did it go for you?

My humble (in present company anyway ;)) 200sx ran consistant 14.5 1/4's and 143 - 145 mph. Did 9 runs in all !!! :cool:

Took about 40 pictures too during the day. I'll be posting them on www.200sxoc.com as soon as I've had them developed.

Cheers guys.

·
Registered
275 Posts
dan
is there a list anywhere of the times people did? i forgot to find out the exact times of our first run (i fluffed the 2nd one:D )
i was buzzing too much when i got back from doing the run to ask.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
good day

Yep,
a very good day,nice to see everyone enjoying themselves,
I saw the smile on rockets face when glen told him of the good news,it was as impessive as his speed figure,also it would be faster,the wind was nearly gale force I even pissed on me coat,Glen did you make it back in time:D
good day = good fun

Gary
GT-ART

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Woodbridge

well, today, what can I say, skyrockets made good runs, held our own and beyond as per usual, good day, thanks for the invite Richie.

I would like to post the outcome of both mine and Pauls times just to irritate him and if he does not reply in the next 15 minutes I assume it gives me the right to:D

Lets just say it was very close and the banter from me wont end today you can bet on it.

come on paul, get in there first.....

Here it comes......:D :D

Dirk 'less power' Diggler

·
Registered
994 Posts
Temptation was too great,so I did one run at 1.3bar & still on 25/10`s

1/4 11.7
Top Speed 172mph.
Bye,
Lord Lucan.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
results

Well, You cant say I didnt give him a chance to silence me, I will keep it brief :-

Pauls R34 - 12.35 1/4 mile, 164 over the line
Dirks R34 - 12.37 1/4 mile, 164 over the line

I will be carrying out the mods you already have soon Paul so get back in the garage and see if any more power will come out of your food blender whilst I setup my industrial sausage maker.

There will be a next time and 200ths of a second wont separate us, let the games begin:D

Dirk the cheshire cat Diggler:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well what can I say but YUMMMM!!!

I now have T9KYO as my desktop wallpaper, what a gorgeous beast!!!! BTW, what were the specs of that beast that mananged 189mph??? Silver one?

Dave

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Times

What a day . It was my first attempt at these timed runs so wasn't sure what to expect . My first run scared the life outta me for I didn't know what to expect at the end of the run .ie. How much braking area there was.The second run was much more enjoyable .

The day however had to be Rockets . Awesome car and times !

It was good fun Dirky . Your car was very quick geez I'll give you that and your driving wasn't too bad neither. Well done mate .

However I reckon , that if you didn't have those stickers on plastered all over your car, you might have gained an extra 100th of a second !:p

Come and see me when you got more power and I have my new twin plate clutch ! :D

I wass a little suprised in the 'slow' times the EVO 6 posted . I thought the Mitsus were much faster than that and I'm very glad I didn't buy one though they are nice cars .

Anyway I'm off to me garage now ,with the food blender ! ;)

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
excuses

yeh, I know, those stickers gave me more drag, I also think that the black man's pinch I had on my left index finger also hindered my performance:D

I have decided that instead of bigger turbo's and more power I will just go on a crash diet and lose a couple of stone to keep the weight down and improve by power to weight ratio.

I also noticed that when I did my runs, the wind was 1mph faster and that may have slowed me down a bit, must have been gusting gale force 11 head on when you run:D :D

But yes, a good day, shame we couldnt get any more runs in unless we queued for another hour, forgot to say earlier, nice to see everyone again.

Will hopefully see you all at Bolney next week if my cars ready......

As for the Evo, Rob's well happy with his times, they are a different kind of car remember but with that said he has some big plans for it so watch this space. As he said, he can have a Skyline but he doesnt want one, he's Evo thru and thru - I may have to dis-own him soon!

Dirk too fast for standard Diggler

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Silver is faster

Guys.

As can be clearly see SILVER is also faster than Bayside .:p :D

Diggler.

Trimmming/shaving those 'sideboards' might help with the weight loss........:D

·
Registered
275 Posts
does anyone know the distance from the start to the end speed trap?

·
Registered
275 Posts
cheers dan;)
just gotta get better at these standing starts:rolleyes: i'm bleedin' hopeless:D

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Woodbridge

Thanx for the lessons Leigh on the double clutch.

Dan. Sorry we didn't get a chance for a good chat . Let's make up for it at Bolney.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
colour speed

Silver faster than Bayside!, only at ordering new turbos for more power!

They only made that grey as an after thought, they market'ed it for all those whom wanted a slow car, thats the whole truth, come on Glen, back me up.

As for the sledgehammer sideburns, I ll get rid of the Skyrocket before the burns, a scooterboy thru and thru , a way of life I am afraid.

Dirk very fast Diggler.

Ps. Spudgun, teach him how to drive his car will you, he seems to have a problem with driving fast:D :p :p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts