GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the suckiest night in the world.

Woke up to a noise of someone on the drive, lookd out to see 6 guys on the drive, and my exige and my gtr driving off the drive!!!!

They had 4x4'd my gate and rammed it open (its a huge cast iron gate!!!) then they had abroken into my house, found the keys to the exige and gtr and reversed off.

They've left the exige on the road (couldn't start it) - i guess cos of the start button being slightly hidden.

My GTR has been stolen and police don't have a clue where it is.

What a night!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One good bit of news mind, My tracker company should be onto it asap and hopefully have some answers as to where it is (forgot the plus point in that previous post!)

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Gutted for you; hope it all works out. :(

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
nighmare... this happened to me a while back... long story. it happened twice in fact.
do what i did...
get some ATG pop up bollards. will f**k the truck up before bending. they wont try again. plus they wont be able to drive off in it and so evidence will be left.
also, get a cctv cam with a large yellow sign under it in a very prominent position...
BIG bad ass dog.

hope you get it bask ok. just remeber its only a car, and you are lucky they got your keys without "asking" you for them....

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Feelings aside for a minute. What area of the country is this?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Keep us informed, I would have thought your Tracker would pick it up fast. Which Tracker do you have, Nissan system?

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
B*******s

People that do this make my blood boil.

Glad you and family are ok.

Robbie

·
Registered
270 Posts
Sorry this is my first post on GTROC but this happened to my brother in law with his scooby, the car went to Bradford in fact it was taken to a house around the park drive area of Heaton.

The gang use new golf R32 to look round for the cars and then steal a car to steal the other car so cant be tracked on cctv ect.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Really sorry to hear this, the worst possible news any owner could experience.

But Nick is right, at least you and your loved ones are OK.

Let us all know how it plays out, would also not mind knowing which tracker you have installed and how effective it proves to be.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
What is wrong with these people...

Really gutted to hear that this happened to you, or anyone for that matter. As people have said, they're just cars BUT what is more scary is they got into your house. Better to leave the keys in the car than give them a reason to break in and potentially hurt you and your family.

Can I ask, is your car parked out in the open? Or is it garaged?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Sorry to hear that, it makes me angry thinking about it. At least nobody got physically hurt and hopefully the tracker company should sort it out. Let us know how you're getting on.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
sorry to hear this has happened. as others have said its only a lump of metal, albeit a very technical lump, and as long as you and your family are fine that is what really matters. No doubt you will have to upgrade in security for sure. but at the end of the day deep down if they want it, no matter what they will take it!!

Will be interesting to know what tracker you had installed.

The Nissan Cobra one responds within a minute of it going out of range of the small security card.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Really sorry to hear that mate, as long as your ok. I could say its only a bit of metal but at the same time its not an easy loss.

I can only imagine what your going through. To have your home invaded like that is crazy and wouldn't want to wish it on anyone.

Hope you get the car back in one piece

BTW did you take any GAP insurance out?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not the best circumstances for a first post but i seem to notice a few damaged gtr's flying about and now the good one's are being stolen to order perhaps ? makes my blood boil !!!!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts