GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not me fortunately, but an EVO driver was run off the road by someone clearly jealous of the car.

Full Details here

Pictures of car afterwards

Driver has requested that anyone in the Hampshire / Farnham / Alton / A325 Farnborough area keep an eye out for a bright red 2nd gen Ford Mondeo with a big scratches down to the undercoat along the driver side rear quarter panel. If anyone spots it and can record the numberplate, can they email the ex-EVO driver directly please.

Something like this could easily happen to one of us :(

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
FCUKING A$$HOLE!!! There are some scumbags in this world that are so jellous to do that... I hope they catch him and bang him up! When are they going to make it legal to use those headlamps that pop out and have guns behind them like on James Bond...:D

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Worst part of it is that despite there being several witnesses, because none of them got the full numberplate his insurers are trying to claim it's his fault. I can see why they would - but it just compounds the whole incident really.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Surely even with a partial numberplate, vehicle make, model, colour and area the police could track this scumbag down...

·
Registered
404 Posts
Mad motorists

A similar thing happened to me a few weeks ago in Yorkshire, England.

I was passing a long line of traffic on an open straight A road at the front of the group of 5 or 6 cars was a silver new shape C class Benz.

As I pulled almost parallel with his car he swung across in front of me forcing me to steer over to the right and break hard. The thing here is that there were no other vehicles ahead of him. The only reason for him to pull like that move was to block me.

Gets better, he stays in the right lane, but as I move to the left so does he deliberately and a times dangerously blocking me. It’s only when we catch up with another small line of cars makes a mistake. He passes the first one then thinking that there’s not enough room for me to continue passed him and the car in front of him before a blind crest I would need to pull in behind I could see far enough ahead to see that I had time to pull alongside and look straight at him.

He was a bit startled first that I would pull such a move and also that I had a left hand drive car. I stayed alongside until on coming cars forced me to move ahead and into line ahead of him. This kind of behavior I’m sure is due the new car smell in Benz’s or something in your English tea. :p

Paul.

PS I was driving a BMW 330ci, and what my wife had to say about this gent is unrepeatable here and she don't swear.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
If it was me m8 i would have pulled back in, in front of him/her, jammed my brakes on and if he hit me said a dog ran out... after i had beat the $hit out of him for pulling a stunt like that...

·
Registered
961 Posts
my god !

well its nice to see all of the owners are grouping up
and speading the word
and all the sites from supra ,subaru and so on
are pulling together !
and hope they get the twat how didit and nail his balls to the floor or sommut !

and as far as i know they havent made head light guns illgeal:D

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
I've forward Durzels message onto JapUKMeets and one of the GTI-R forums.

I hope they catch the f***ers. Disgusts me reading things like that...just glad the owners of the vehicle weren't physically hurt.

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
905 Posts
Draxx and Elvira say what (sorry Joss) Wan.ers some people are today....... just a great ruk of tw.ts around who want to do you over all the time........

Draxx and His Missis:mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts