GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out in the car and I notice driving over the raised chevrons in roadworks that there's a rattle coming from my drivers front wheel area. I've got out and inspected it but can't see anything? Anyone had this before?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just out in the car and I notice driving over the raised chevrons in roadworks that there's a rattle coming from my drivers front wheel area. I've got out and inspected it but can't see anything? Anyone had this before?
Pretty simple, and I'm not sure of the set up on the GTR as I haven't had a look at my own yet - but on my old M3 I had a tinging / rattling noise when turning and driving over bumps and it turned out to be the heat shield behind my disc that was sitting very close and catching in certain driving conditions.

Worth a check?

Dan

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Dan will get it up on a ramp sometime next week hopefully and get it sorted. ***128402;

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Mine made a horrible noise after changing discs, like a clicky driveshaft. Googled it and it seems very common, took wheel off cleaned mounting faces and retorqued to 150 ft lbs, silent, apparently Nissan sold customers a special Hi Temp grease to get rid of it, it was very expensive but was renewed for life all the time serviced at a Nissan dealer. I think it was 370Z's were recalled because of same thing. Edited to say I lightly greased with Copperslip

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers guys. I remember my old gtr had that clicking noise which was resolved with copper grease being applied behind the wheel but this is a different noise and only noticeable when going over raised painted chevrons at speed or really bad road conditions. Also noticed if it tap the brake pedal really quickly it makes a clonk noise Wether or not that's the pedal it's self or brakes I'm not sure. Havnt had chance to take it to a garage yet but I'm sure it can't be much.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Depending on the age of your car it might be perished front anti roll bar bushes. Mine had this and a corroded ARB. Clunking over certain bumps in the road. Replaced with an updated Eibach item. Worth checking.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Could be worn disc bobbins, put your hand through the wheel and see if you can move the disc outers backwards/forwards

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a 2011 model. Just tried moving disc back and forward and there no play in it at all. I'm guessing once the wheel is removed all should become clear. Need to find time to run it up the garage now. Cheers for the info guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts