GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

ive noticed quite a loud rattling in my front right wheel when turning, at first i thought something may be exposed and catching the wheel, but its clear.

any idea what this could be? will it be a wheel bearing? it does sound that there is a little ball or stone rattling around.

thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont think so, the rattle only occurs when the wheel is rotating, and has a degree of lock to it, moving it side to side when stationary is silent

·
Registered
875 Posts
Its fairly common, mine does it too, I think there is a thread on here explaining why and how to fix it.

If I remember correctly its nothing to worry about.

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
hey guys,

ive noticed quite a loud rattling in my front right wheel when turning, at first i thought something may be exposed and catching the wheel, but its clear.

any idea what this could be? will it be a wheel bearing? it does sound that there is a little ball or stone rattling around.

thanks
Look in the brakes ,wheels tyres section of the forum and read the thread at the top called clicking wheels. Very common and easily sorted.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Have you tried checking the torque spec of the lug nuts? If they are clicking, then you might need to check the axle.

·
Vendor
17 Posts
A common issue is the wheel rattling. One fix I have seen is using a light coating of a copper anti-seize between the hub and the rotor, and the rotor and the wheel. Torque to proper spec and it should go away.

I've also seen some suspension fasteners get loose over time and cause similar noises. Take a moment and check over tie rods, upper ball join fasteners to ensure nothing has backed loose.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Tightening the bolts in the proper way perhaps. Over tightening could result in uneven rotor wear. It might also cause wheel rattling.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts