GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
hot.

what made you go with the racepak vs other displays?
The display is easy to read. I've looked at some which pretty much bunches everything together and hard to quickly cypher one reading from the other. The fact it plugs right into the Haltech and outputs everything I need and fully programable is a huge plus. I don't need GPS and an extra datalogger so the price works out fairly well omitting those additional items for just the display unit.

In addition I've come pretty use to looking at one since our drift car is equipped with one.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
heater hoses ran...

the downpipe and rear dump tube now reaches under the car...

Trunk bulkhead fittings installed for the anti-surge tank...

Pretty much all the fabrication, cut, weld, bang, test fit, etc. is finished... time to tear everything back out...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Separated the engine from the cross member and front suspension to clean everything up and do some slight modifications to the engine.

Now that the engine is out and the engine bay was stripped back down. Took her outside to get scrubbed and cleaned, AGAIN.

Now begins the process in making the car look pretty.. first comes the paint.. a low gloss white was applied to the engine bay alone (as the rest of the car isn't ready for such awesomeness and attention).

With the car making more power only mean one thing.. more heat. So some gold heat foil was applied to the firewall (decided to do the whole firewall for aesthetics) and the driver side frame rail where dump tubes and exhaust transmit off heat.

Had a hell of a time applying the foil as it didn't like the paint's surface but oh well, car must go on!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Some grinding on the oil pan to clear the steering rack...

Carbonetic Twin Plate Carbon Clutch to transfer everything through the RB25DET transmission...

:)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

·
Registered
1 Posts
What do you plan on doing about the oil pan? I thought that you would have to use the rear sump oil pan. When you get the point of putting it in the car, please take a pic of how the oil pan is compared to the cross member.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
What do you plan on doing about the oil pan? I thought that you would have to use the rear sump oil pan. When you get the point of putting it in the car, please take a pic of how the oil pan is compared to the cross member.
Rear pan doesn't work because of the steering rack.

I have custom high capacity 2wd specific oil pans for S chassis (for 2wd RB20,25 or 30 blocks and also to suit 4wd 20, 25 or 26 blocks)

nzd850 to suit a 2wd block and nzd950 to suit a 4wd block, incl shipping and a custom oil pickp.

Rob

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Sorry was out of town for a trip back up to the tail of the dragon. Came back and was slammed with work at the shop.... but regardless... got some updates :)

Ok, so the engine is in... car is sitting pretty for now:

More AN fittings...

Fuel System coming together oh so nicely...
Walbro in-tank
-6 an to surge tank
-10 an to Bosch 044
Inline filter
-10 an to the rail (split to twin -6's)
-8 an return to the surge tank
-8/-6 an return to the fuel tank

Bulk heads!

... progress is quickly ramping up so I'll update you guys shortly

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
bring this bad boy to PRI
we go every year to exhibit but this year we're just attending.

the shop is 10 mins from the show.

(me in the middle)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
yea i talked for a while last year with you at the show. we attend every year as well....
Awesome man! See you this year then too :wavey:

·
Registered
145 Posts
ill talk the boss into coming by RB if you could accomodate. we are both deep into R chassis'

i just ordered off your site just before seeing ur thread on here lol

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
what hoses and fittings did you end up going with and why? earls pro lite? just curious, as i'm putting together an oil cooler system.
Earl's pro lite on the fuel stuff in the back and to run all the way to the front... simply as it's easier to thread through the rear of the car and it's much lighter... considering you'll have a good 20+ ft of hose running back and forth from the tank. And I used the Auto-flex for the engine bay.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
More parts... got my Tial Blow Off Valve in

Racepak mounted to the S14 cluster trim...

Anti-surge tank lines done...

Getting the turbo side all buttoned up...

Intercooler piping mock up...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
BOV flange welded on and installed...

Super Spark coil packs installed and the intake valve cover... wrinkle black

Gotta get those Raw Brokerage couplers!