GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at purchasing a set of RAYS GT-C 19x10.5" rims for my BCNR33.

What I am struggling to figure out is

1) How does the difference between Face 1 and Face 2 affect me?

2) For those of you who have standard brakes, have you all opted for Offset A or B? I think this is quite general for most RAYS rims.

3) For those that have upgraded calipers, do you require offset A or B?

Thanks for the help, I wouldn't want to get rims and realise they will hit the calipers!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
You have to consider the offset affects wether the wheel looks flush with the wheel arch or not. I've got 19 X 10.5 with +22 offset on my R34 and its flush. I also fitted it to my friends R33 and its flush too.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
IIRC you'll only be able to use the Face 2 wheels on the GTR. And i think again there is only one offset available to suit the GTR, between the A and B

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have to consider the offset affects wether the wheel looks flush with the wheel arch or not. I've got 19 X 10.5 with +22 offset on my R34 and its flush. I also fitted it to my friends R33 and its flush too.
I was thinking of going 19x10.5 +9 Face1 A offset.. I have had 19x10.5 +15 SSR's fitted just to see what they look like and they look pretty ok, hence I thought 6mm more out should be ok.

r33 v-spec said:
IIRC you'll only be able to use the Face 2 wheels on the GTR. And i think again there is only one offset available to suit the GTR, between the A and B
What is "IIRC"? I had an impression I couldn't run Face 2 on my R33. Given a preference, the Face 1 has larger dish.

I need all the info I can get. I wouldn't want to buy them and they don't fit. argh!

I have also decided on OFFSET A as it gives the most brake clearence.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
If your car is going to be a daily driver, go for 19x9.5 with a +12 offset. The dish size on both wheels should be the same? The difference between face 1 and face 2 is, face 1s spokes are flat, face 2s spokes are curved from the centre, concave is the word i think. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
If your car is going to be a daily driver, go for 19x9.5 with a +12 offset. The dish size on both wheels should be the same? The difference between face 1 and face 2 is, face 1s spokes are flat, face 2s spokes are curved from the centre, concave is the word i think. Hope this helps.
Pupsi is exactly right with Face1 and 2. I prefer Face2 myself and it suits the GTR more IMO.

IIRC = If I remember correctly!!!

Like Pupsi has also said go for 19 x 9.5J with +12 offset or around +5 offset if your feeling the need!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. I have had a look. Face 2 has less dish compared to Face 1. I see what you are saying with the spokes, but it is extremely hard to tell the difference by looking at them.

I am using 10.5 +15 as a base to measure on. I am using this because Nismo LM-GT4's come in this kind of offset, so I am assuming they are GT-R Offset.

Would anybody know what is the absolute maximum? Would the above 10.5 +15 or 9.5 equivalent, would that be very near the guards or still quite a bit to go? I haven't decided on 9.5 or 10.5 yet, just trying to see what I can fit under the guards.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My other choice is Nismo LMGT4 in BRONZE --> 19 x 10.5 +15.

Your opinions would be appreciated......

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
If you're going for 10.5 width go for +15. Daily driver? go for 9.5 with +12 and they should be flush, smack on, in line with your wings, and you'll get no problems with your steering radius, and no need to roll your arches, and the car will just look so right.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
By the way, stick to the GT Cs. IIRC I'me quite sure theres no difference in the dish size between face 1 and face 2.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts