GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm focusing on everything RB oil related next and had some questions:

• Any disadvantages of using the stock oil cooler vs getting rid of it and using a block adapter?
  • I am planning to run some longer lines (filter relocation + cooler + accusump in rear) - should I be worried about oil pressure issues?
  • AN10 vs AN12, does it really matter?
  • What temperature does the stock oil cooler open at? If I chose an aftermarket thermostat, what temp is ideal?
  • I haven't looked yet, but any recommendations on mounting the relocated oil filter upside-down? Im thinking frame rails if possible
The pic is how I’m thinking to set everything up (Forgot to add check valve in pic)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Um, AFAIK none of the RB powered GT-R's had a "stock oil cooler"
They have oil lines and stuff, but (aside from some of the middlehurst editions you guys had over there) none of them ran oil coolers at the front and maybe two or three versions of BNR34 ran rear diff oil coolers.

You REALLY need to plan this out and more vehicle specs would be good here - if track use, dry sump or accusump are great options.
If hard road use, then a trust oil cooler kit will likely be more than enough.

If you're running a REALLY OLD 32 then you'll be advised to upgrade the crank collar that drives the oil pump.

Lastly you may want to look at an aftermarket oil pump to be on the safe side but again, I'm not sure of your vehicle's specs so couldn't make an accurate call.

Probably haven't helped much soz but hopefully it's enough to make ya dangerous! ;)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Also - looking at your above pic, um, maybe talk to accusump first and see if they have a bolt on kit to do the above - to me it looks like you're overthinking things, but again, i have no idea about what your intended use for the car is. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Appreciate the reply. This setup is for my R32 Skyline GTR. I am planning on doing some light track days to start off.

Here is what I'm talking about when I mean the stock oil cooler:
RB26DETT stock oil cooler | R32 Skylines

I'm thinking to rely on the accusump and not tackle the baffle/extended oil pan/oil restrictor/drain line from head.

My thoughts are that if oil can’t drain from the head quick enough, the accusump will kick in + extra overall oil from running longer lines/oil filter relocation/etc. With the car just a little over stock HP, I believe this should be enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts