GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does everyone think that RB stands for race breed... in the engine code... I'm would say that RB is the indication of the base design of the engine wich is inline 6. Like the patrol RB30 engine, isn't what I call race breed.. it is an inline six with the main base design of other rb series.
So you could say that RB stands for inline 6 right?

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Why does everyone think that RB stands for race breed... in the engine code... I'm would say that RB is the indication of the base design of the engine wich is inline 6. Like the patrol RB30 engine, isn't what I call race breed.. it is an inline six with the main base design of other rb series.
i disagree. the the engine code 'RB' (for the RB26dett atleast) stands for race bred as it has been 'developed' in races...hence the name Race Bred.

by the way....we dont think that RB stands for Race Bred, it actually does stand for race bred, thats what nissan told us. ;)

EDIT: this is what i've read so far...so just thought to post it up.

·
Registered
449 Posts
i disagree. the the engine code 'RB' (for the RB26dett atleast) stands for race bred as it has been 'developed' in races...hence the name Race Bred.

by the way....we dont think that RB stands for Race Bred, it actually does stand for race bred, thats what nissan told us. ;)
No it doesn't. :D

If you have proof that Nissan have said RB stands for 'Race Bred' then post it and you will proove a lot of people on here wrong. I don't think you can though. :D

And whats 'Race Bred' about a 3.0 Nissan Patrol. lol.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
The RB engines are a derivative of the real race engines, the block, the patrol also has the same block but none of the performance bits. In short it relates to the block, me thinks.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
No it doesn't.

If you have proof that Nissan have said RB stands for 'Race Bred' then post it and you will proove a lot of people on here wrong. I don't think you can though.

And whats 'Race Bred' about a 3.0 Nissan Patrol. lol.
as i said, i wasnt sure, so thought to post up what i've heard.

as for the patrol...could be rallying (paris-dakar??)

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
The RB engines are a derivative of the real race engines, the block, the patrol also has the same block but none of the performance bits. In short it relates to the block, me thinks.
Rubbish.

The RB20 was the first one, and wasnt designed as a race engine in the slightest.

RB is just an engine code, the rest is just the usual utter crap internet bullshit myth same as countless other things to do with skylines and tuning and whatnot

·
Registered
477 Posts
R is a designation for a nissan inline 6 cylinder engine and the B denotes gasoline application using cast iron/nickle based block.

Pope

·
Registered
477 Posts
S is a designation for a 4 cylinder block. R denotes gasoline application using sand-cast alloy based block.

The specifics of the C im not sure about I need to do some more research but its an engine I really dont give a shit about so I have a feeling I can't be arsed. The A denotes a gasoline application using sand-cast iron based block.

There are casting codes etched into the blocks that denote the series run and construction of the block. They show the different series castings and metalurgy used. I.e.: 53C, 54D, etc.

Pope

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.