GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys

i was just wondering if anyone can tel me how much BHP can be made from a rb20det with stock internals

how much can it handle.
cheers guys
its just a question of interest

·
Registered
717 Posts
about 300bhp is the limit from what i have read with no engine modifications or head gasket change to drop the ratio

·
Registered
36 Posts
the stock RB20 is good for about 20psi of boost.. obviously out of the reach of the stock turbo...

turbo and injectors will help you reach that goal, check your compression, if the numbers are good then boost away, if not then rings and head gasket. No point in boosting a weak engine.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rite, thnx guys. that was some reali good info there,
i think that my engine is in reali gud conduction, am going to source a head gaskit and gtr injectors and some beter turbo then the ceramic turbo.
and boot to 1bar.

my car at the moment is on stage 2.all i need is my front mount whcih is on its way and gtr injectors.
ive got my fuel pump, exhaust, downpipe, decat,filter and boost controler ready fitted.

and one more question , who can remap it for time being untgil i get a power fc, i dnt want to spend soo much money on mapping since am goin to do it again and again

cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts