GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to buy a rb20 lump of someone soon, and he told me that there was a slight little end failure, he has gone for a rb25 swap, so is selling the engine.

I no the little end failure is the small bolts under the crank rods right? Is there somewhere i can replacements from, or do i have to go to nissan? Also what else may have gone down the drain if his had this problem?

What gearbox can i use with the rb20 because he isnt supplying me a gearbox.

I want to rebuild the engine as much as i can then use it once its all done, any advice would be great!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Little end is the top of the conrod, the part that attaches the conrod to the piston.

Unless you are getting it for a bargain, be careful, it could be an expensive excercise. There are some running engines available for cheap.

You will need a gearbox from an GTSt either R32, R33, 34

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im getting the engine, loom, ecu for £350

engine without alternator, starter power steering pump.

does that seem worth it?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Chap, it doesn't seem like you know a whole lot about engines. It costs as much to rebuild an RB20 as it does an RB26. Do a search to find out the general costs, but me thinks you'd be better off buying a runner.
You can source a complete RB25 which is a much better engine for under a grand.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Like NISFAN said, similar cost to rebuild RB20 as RB26.. ur talking thousands for a full build mate

1 - 7 of 7 Posts