GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Im currently doing a top mount setup on my RB20, looking to push around 400BHP but turbo's are hard to choose from and seeing if there any options?

I drift the car and dont use it on the road, i want something thats responsive but willing to give me enough BHP

The supporting mods ive got are:

444gtr injectors and pack
Front Facing Plenum
Topmount with external wastegate
Electronic boost controller
uprated coil packs
GTR pump
FPR
Apexi Power FC
Z32 AFM

Any help would be nice

Thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well ive got the 444's going on which alot of people have used.

Alot of people are doing/done the same setup as me but havnt been able to talk to anyone.

Someone said about a T04E turbo?

Thanks

·
Registered
676 Posts
dont know that turbo, but you have to make a setup with the turbo you want not the other way around ;), those gtr injectors are over 80 % duty with 400 hp.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dont know that turbo, but you have to make a setup with the turbo you want not the other way around ;), those gtr injectors are over 80 % duty with 400 hp.
Well the problem ive got is as alot know the RB20 has a stupidly small compression stroke, less than an sr20det.

Sorry to sound thick but i dont really get duty's and stuff of injectors ha....not good with electrics.

Thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great more money to go into the car but rather do it properly then half hearted.....but still i need turbo options :/

Thanks

·
Registered
2,174 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
something like a Gt3071r or the td06 20g.

Different turbos will need different flanges on the mani and downpipe unless you get a kit.

Check out this thread; Rb20 Turbo Upgrade, All Dyno Results - Forced Induction Performance - Skylines Australia

Everything you want to do has been done with dyno plots to prove it so theres no need to go on what people who dont necessarily know anything tell you can be done.
Greg my tuner did mention a GT3071 but not sure it will run reliably at 400BHP will it?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So will i be pushing the 'duty' on the 444 injectors?
Im going to google 'duty' and understand this....face it straight on and revise!!!
Thanks

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Personally I'd put a bigger fuel pump on there and bump the fuel pressure up for the safety margin.
Larger injectors would be preferred, but the tuner can still adjust the tune/boost if needed.

If you trust your tuner go with his recommendations.

Duty cycle is a percentage measurement of how close the injectors get to maxing out.
You don't want to be close to the max out point as this can lead to the engine leaning out with bad consequences.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Personally I'd put a bigger fuel pump on there and bump the fuel pressure up for the safety margin.
Larger injectors would be preferred, but the tuner can still adjust the tune/boost if needed.

If you trust your tuner go with his recommendations.

Duty cycle is a percentage measurement of how close the injectors get to maxing out.
You don't want to be close to the max out point as this can lead to the engine leaning out with bad consequences.
Well ive got a GTR pump on there and a fuel pressure regulator. Greg @ Protuner as many people will know him is my tuner and he hasnt mentioned about the injectors just the turbo i need to change for what i want it for.

Yea i did a little reading on it...its fairly interesting to be honest.

Thanks

·
Registered
451 Posts
loose the GTR pump, take a deathworks, nismo or other, the GTR pumps are not good, everybody upgrades to a decant one, you never loose on that one.
And you need it for 400hp.

444cc is also not enough, minimum 550cc, but better 740cc.
i aiming for 450 HP max 500 on my RB20DET, i go all the way with 740cc, so i have plenty play room.

FPR : you need at least 3,5bar for some good injectors and enough flow.

turbo, you cant choose, maybe under here you got some nice info about what turbo you can choose.
Maybe you whant something that spools fast and keeps its power for drifting, rather then a late spooling big power tubby

hope you have your info you looking for

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts