GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm looking for some info on the RB30 conversion if someobody can help..

Nothing personal but would prefer comments from people who have done this or have facts regarding the conversion, rather than opinions..

Anyway, Iv being planning an engine conversion for a while now and nearly have my budget to get things underway.

I have a series 2 RB25DET in the car currently.

An RB30 has came up for sale locally and i wanted to know how difficult and expensive a job it is to fit a RB25DET or 26DETT head to it complete and running.

As its a Rwd block, i see this as a great plus and if it is less work than putting a RB26DETT in my car, id seriously consider a RB30 conversion as it seems to be quite desireable and unusual.

From what iv read regarding the RB26 head, It has 12mm bolt holes so the block would require tapping.

So does anybody have any info?

Would be greatful.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
You can fit either, yes the RB26has 12mm head bolts, and some people like to bore and tap the block to suit them, but really you only need to use the 11mm bolts, the dowels/head retainers stop it from moving about.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies.

Will give it some thought and decide what engine to go with.. I had my heart set on a Rb26 conversion and sell my complete rb25det setup to recoupe back some money so I may just end up doing that.

Gonna weigh up the options

Appreciate the fast response though :)

Jamie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts