GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people im in the middle of building a new motor and im ay the point of clutch choice so i can get the bottom half balanced , story is gtr rods 8.1 comp forged pistons tomie pon cams and tubo is specced at 1bar roughly 400 bhp but i will be going for 1.5 to 1.7 bar , so its a daily drive but will see plenty of track use

atm i have a gtr pressure plate with a exceedy single plate will this be enough if not what will be " not keen on triple plate jobbie "

cheers jay

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how are you Andy

so a convention clutch will be fine then rarther than plated

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,033 Posts
Are you the Jay who's visits Ripley/Send occasionally?

·
Premium Member
3,838 Posts
1.7 bar I think your clutch will seriously struggle.

I have a good friend who is seriously into GTS-T's and has just upgraded his twin plate OS Giken STR (stock clutch feel) to a triple for his latest engine rebuild/upgrade. I'm pretty sure he will be selling the old one on. PM me and I can give his number.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Given it'll be traction limited a twin plate should be enough, UNLESS you intend to do race or drag starts with it. Even a triple will need regular maintenance if you are into tyre smoking starts. I did track days with mine (about 380 genuine BHP) and a twin Giken was virtually unworn after 15 / 20 hard track days, but I never did race starts.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Mine has been running that power for over 3 years and it's just starting to feel the wear.
When it goes I will go with twin.....triples are a nightmare for daily driver.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ive just got a early gtr ap paddle clutch i hope this will be ok what do you lot think

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
A GTS-t, unless on blistered rear arches and serious soft rubber, is traction limited, so the tyres spin quite easily. A GTR is nothing like so hobbled for a lack of traction, so much higher torque figures are passed through the clutch and drivetrain. I would think that a GTR clutch would be adequate for all but seriously modded GTS-t's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts