GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what the maximum cam lift you can go-to on the RB25, without having to machine the cam cavitys away and replace the stock springs?

Any help would he appreciated.

Jason.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Sounds as if your old GTST is gonna be a wee bit of a monster m8! U tried SDU as someone there is bound to know.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Well i hope u remember what u did so u can do to mine;) Oh yeah and empty ur PM box, lol:smokin:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers Matt, if you need it for future refernce the max lift is 8.5mm on stock springs and un-touched cam cavitys.

Where did you get that plenum mate and if you don't mind me asking how much?

Jason.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Its from Sub-Zero Performance in Australia.

The guy to speak to is Mick Stanick.

It cost me about £750! I didnt have to pay chrarges tho - it came direct. Took about 7 weeks. It was actually on Micks brothers car (new) but he took it off cos I wanted it.

Paul S13 on the 200 BB has STILL not got his manifold from S.Z. yet. He ordered it back in Feb or March!.

Norries Designs were importing the S.Z. stuff but from what Ive heard, SImon has stopped importing stuff from them cos they dont meet timescales.

Looks nice tho - and Mick runs it on his cars, using RB30ET engine (RB25DET head). Makes 700 bhp at the wheels.....

Enough air for me then!

Haha

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info Matt:) Think £700 maybe a bit to much to spend at this stage, the Greddy plenum is about the same price which also moves the throttle body to the side position. You know of anyone that makes a different fuel rail for them?, the standard one looks very restrictive!, interesting thing is the FSE fuel regulator S13/ S14 / Scooby ect all use the same flange fitment on the end of the fuel rail.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Ahhhh, but......

Mine has a bigger throttle body too :D

It comes off a ford Falcon or summat and is about 75mm in diameter I think.

Pretty sure the Greddy one uses the same as std

As for the fuel rail, I thought it was fine!

S.Z do bigger fuel rails and injrctors to match.

·
Registered
554 Posts

Heres a piccy. It has fins inside (along the length) to aid airflow and each port into the head has a trumpet in the plenum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts