GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Can anyone tell me what ECRB25 conrods are good for? ( and dont say paper weight..lol..) i mean what is the max BHP & FPT you can put them to safely.
Cheers
Darren

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
it is all in the mapping, shoul dbe easily good for 400+ - 500 has been talked about on a standard bottom end but I guess it depends on how much you trust your mapper.

what sort of power are you aiming for and what mods do you have?

Simon

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Keeping the rpm to 7500 we have seen around 600hp in a RB25det drift car that lasted years with a savage driver,

rpm will kill rods (or their bolts) way before outright power will.

One of my customers topped 900hp with a stock internal RB30 bottom end with stock RB30 rods but kept the rpm to 7000.

keep the rpm down, map well and you'll be surprised how much stock parts can take.

Rob

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are a few mods to the engine,
Ok, the bottom end has been rebuilt with nismo big & main end bearings, the rods have been bead blasted, rods, crank, flywheel, front pully, have all been lightend & balenst ( sorry for the spelling ) N1 oil pump, HKS steel head Gaskit, forged pistons 86mm, stock head and cams but was all rebuilt, greedy cam belt, 550cc fuel injectors, nismo 255 fuel pump, HKS GT3037 turbo kit on standard manifold, 3" full stainless system inc down pipe by blitz & decat, blitz induction kit, HKS F con V pro stand alone system, apexi boost control, uprated ATC clutch, greedy large front mounted intercooler, and a few other odds and sods, i got the tune shop to stop at 380bhp at the fly wheel as i was concerned about the rods, but they said i had fuel, timing, and boost left to spare,
I would like 400 at the wheels ? so what do we think gents do you think i will get there without a blow up ?
Cheers for your help on this.
Darren

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Should be no problem at all.

·
Registered
27 Posts
sorry to slightly change this thread but but are gtr rods a great upgrade and can you run 8.500 rpm on them in a gtst

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
You can put them straight into a RB25, they are much better and suitable for 8000-8500rpm if the rod bolts are in good condition.

Rob

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
New stock or arp should be fine if installed correctly.

Rob

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers Gents,
I will get the tune boys to open the taps a little and see how she go's,
I will let you know if she makes it in one peace or go's into orbit..lol..
Darren

·
Registered
72 Posts
Im running 446.8 BHP At the hubs, my engine has standard internals and standard head gasket and gets used hard, still going strong!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts