GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im quite a lurker, reader and searcher but less of a poster but hoping that wont matter :

Long story but here goes

18 months ago I did a RB25 (series 1) conversion into my S13. It was my daily at the time and I needed it to work so got someone to do it that was supposedly an expert at it.

I did the swap and it didnt start. No power to injectors or coils so I got it running.

Skip foward 18 months. Im now breaking my S13 and building a Onevia that the RB is going in. I cleaned all the unwanted wires from the car loom and then get to the engine one. Untape it etc and O.M.F.G its a mess.

Ive already sorted out the bodged pins in connectors but have a few questions that I cant really sort without looking at another loom or someone knowing it :bawling:

So here is what I know :

The R33 harness connects to the dash harness at one point so mine was repinned to fit my dash harness. Currently I have 4 wires in it which ive traced as follows :
Yellow/red - splits into two wires and goes to the tacho readout wire in the bay and the ecu
Yellow/green - to the ecu
Blue/black - Temperature gauge
Orange -> grey/red - ecu

And thats all I have in that connector as per pic

Im guessing this is the R33 version of what im using (but with more wires)

strange thing is that I have 3 wires going into this from the engine loom so they go nowhere !
Ive traced them so here goes

Black - goes to a purple inlent manifold plug - think its AAC (air con idle up) ?

Light blue - Goes to a gray connector with an orange insert, not sure where but possibly front of inlet area. Heres a pic or two as im crap with words

Blue/white - splits off into 4 wires after about a foot. These then go to a coil pack plug, what I think is the VVT (first pic below), the oxygen sensor and what I think is the boost solenoid (second pic below).

If you are still reading then thankyou :)

The thing I find strange is that the car seemed to run fine on stock parts but did overfuel a bit and pulled 285ish on standard boost.

Help very much welcome ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you type 'rb25 wiring diagram' in to google, there are a few circuits on there. Click on the 2nd search result, labelled 'Diagrams'. There's an R33 RB25 diagram on there. Some of it's in Japanese but there are some English labels and the colours of the wires are marked on there. Rather you than me though!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you type 'rb25 wiring diagram' in to google, there are a few circuits on there. Click on the 2nd search result, labelled 'Diagrams'. There's an R33 RB25 diagram on there. Some of it's in Japanese but there are some English labels and the colours of the wires are marked on there. Rather you than me though!
Yea think ive got that one in my collection already lol

Think im gonna have to bite the bullett and go for it and then see what happens when the engine is done in a few months !

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well after alot of time and help I think ive got it all done correctly now :)

Just a question about the coil pack loom though - is it meant to have 2 earth bolt connectors ? One goes the the white plug and one comes from inside the tape going to the pack connectors ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts