peter i dont think you should get the z32 meters

just go for the rb25 ones

keith

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keith,

I'm interested to know why you say that too. Lots of modded GT-Rs run with the Z32s as far as I know. I presume that the RB25s are 80mm so why not the Z32s?

Peter.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Z32 air flow meters wanted.

peter i am going on what Rod told me

he said that they are both 80mm but the sensor in the z32 one will
give you a flat spot between gear changes.
the z32 meters would be ok on a race car but not very good on a road car.

and the wire loom does not plug into the z32 meters

keith

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Z32s

I have the Z32s on mine and have never noticed a flat spot, however you are correct about it having a different 'socket'.

I believe that the Z32 is calibrated to higher power than the RB25, which is why it gets used so much, especially in Japan/Australia.

Guy

·
Registered
720 Posts
Not all the RB25 AFMS Have the same socket.

The later series two (and Type M) RB25 Afms have a 3 pin socket which won't fit the GTR one.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Jason. Do they use the same colour coding so at least connection is easy?

Any luck with the s/w yet?

Peter.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I have a pair of RB25 air flow meters available.

They have the correct connector for the RB26 harness and are available at 50% of new cost.

Check the for sale section.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Too much for me Hugh, I can get new Nismo afm's for only £60 more and new Z32s for the same money as your s/h 25s.

·
Registered
720 Posts
All I know is the later RB25 one's (3 pin connector) max out at 5v @ ~ 290 hp on the gts. The code is 22680 31u00 try and avoid this one. The earlier ones are fine / and rated @ much higher HP, will also connect directly onto the standard connector. All the RB25 AFM'S have a pink label.
The Z32 one's have a different wiring connector aswell, their part code is 22680 02u00 and always has a green label.

You can easily swap the connector's over by prizing the cover open as long as you re-seal it good afterwoods, done this with mine leaves things looking much tidier.

The software should be here tomorrow Pete, Give me something to play with this weekend:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts