GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I bought a 180sx that had an rb25 swap done and the speedo has always been out.. 20=30 30=40 45=50 and so on. Well now I've got my Le Mans I've put it up for sale and one of the recurring questions I'm getting is can I fix the speedo before the sale. I've literally no idea how to go about this so any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think speed is calculated via a sensor in the transmission... Did you swap a transmission in and then keep the old diff? Different final drive or even different wheel size will change the way a speedometer reads.

Over here you can get your speedo calibrated at a shop... maybe call around?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think speed is calculated via a sensor in the transmission... Did you swap a transmission in and then keep the old diff? Different final drive or even different wheel size will change the way a speedometer reads.

Over here you can get your speedo calibrated at a shop... maybe call around?
Unfortunately I didn't do the swap so I've no idea what was done... I did wonder about calibration but after a google search I couldn't find anything. I shall continue to search, thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
My post count isn't high enough to post a link but I tried to post a link to a google search of: how to calibrate a speedometer and the results might help point you to at least knowing who can help you, unless you have the tools to do it yourself. Some of the results are saying you need to replace a gear behind your speedometer so I don't think anyone would. Might have to call a dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts