GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I'm been searching for a few days, but didn't found answers to my questions.
They are:

1 - Why converting MAF to MAP? and where to install the MAP Sensor? and when (maybe horse power goal limits the MAF?!)
2 - Is the Power FC realiable to have a little tune (MAF based) and maybe later going on a MAP based Tune?

Special Question: R35 GTR run both MAF and MAP?

Thanks a lot guys

·
Registered
58 Posts
Before going for the PowerFC, rather chose Nistune.
Nistune is tuning on a laptop with a GUI and many options including logging,tracing and savable maps etc.

MAF and MAP both have their pros and cons.
(better look that up on the web)

If you want to do MAP with a plugin ECU it's going to be expensive, since the ECUs are pricey (but offer a wealth of features)

·
Registered
272 Posts
1. OEM MAF on most cars max out quickly. A bit more hussle to get an aftermarket MAF set properly unless you have a known table for it. Once the MAF table is set, a MAF tune is great. Main reason for MAF VS MAP in OEM is emissions.

2. Never used it.

3. No R35 knowledge, however virtually all turbo cars has a MAP sensor for boost adjustment and in most cases can run on it in speed density mode if the MAF fails intended as a limp home mode.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes, all true ..

Fortunately in Nistune you have many MAFs to choose from in the software.
Z32, GTR, Q45, and many more .. so no need for calibration since it's all done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all

I'm been searching for a few days, but didn't found answers to my questions.
They are:

1 - Why converting MAF to MAP? and where to install the MAP Sensor? and when (maybe horse power goal limits the MAF?!)
2 - Is the Power FC realiable to have a little tune (MAF based) and maybe later going on a MAP based Tune?

Special Question: R35 GTR run both MAF and MAP?

Thanks a lot guys
toss the powerfc get haltech or any other newer ecu. map is sourced off the intake manifold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts