GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about going with the already existing OS Giken bore x stroke of the RB31...3.1L has a bore x stroke of 86.25mm x 88mm....would that be too much for the weekend track and drag race days or no? What do you expect the highest rpm I could get to?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Well OSG recommend the RB30 to rev to 9 or is it 9.5??? (IIRC). How long do you want it to last is the question you should be asking yourself.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I can take it to 9,500 rpm that will be excellent...but I dont plan to take it past 9,000rpm much no...that is as far as I plan to take it.

·
Registered
907 Posts
stick to 1 thread, you keep asking questions about how to modify your nur, and you never seem to make you mind up, personally starts to get anoying.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I dont want to rev too high....So I am going through Crower to make a custom 3.0L or 3.1L...do you think I will have to send the block to them for them to put it in? or can they make the stroker kit and they send it to me and it be a drop in?

·
Registered
440 Posts
i think the best thing to do is ask the bloke building your engine because you ask us a question then usually answer it youself lol. you want to do things we havnt done yet or really are never going to do because its not realistic. stop trying to get your car to 2000bhp and be a gd family car,drag car,track car cause its not going to happen. i hope you have deep pockets becuase it s going to cost a fortune.its not going to be ready built for months then as it keeps breaking you prob will never get it off the dyno lol. good luck tho and let us know what you did and what broke and we wont try it. if it does work im coming to you to build me a drag car.try keep it all in this thread then we can tidy it up when your finished and use the info/results to compare to rips 3.0/rb30 etc...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think the best thing to do is ask the bloke building your engine because you ask us a question then usually answer it youself lol. you want to do things we havnt done yet or really are never going to do because its not realistic. stop trying to get your car to 2000bhp and be a gd family car,drag car,track car cause its not going to happen. i hope you have deep pockets becuase it s going to cost a fortune.its not going to be ready built for months then as it keeps breaking you prob will never get it off the dyno lol. good luck tho and let us know what you did and what broke and we wont try it. if it does work im coming to you to build me a drag car.try keep it all in this thread then we can tidy it up when your finished and use the info/results to compare to rips 3.0/rb30 etc...
Puha! thats exactly what I am trying to or have a little bit of all...trying to have a 1200hp car on C16 race gas..then have it as a car I can drag, and track....I am looking into going with the 72mm or the 70mm turbos. Still havent made up my mind yet. but anyway....if I cant get all this I will take it a small step at a time instead of what i am trying to do now which is push for time. But knowing my tuner...I am sure he can pull it off...if he can put a 2JZ in a rx7 and make it known globally...then he can pull my project off. Plus...having the 1st supra with a 3.4L and twin 3240s back a few years ago...the 1st to do it in US! I am sure I can be the 1st with these turbos and engine setup.. but what if it fails.....and waste thousands!.........~~~~:nervous:~~~~

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no guts, no glory king nismo :) you have to take the risk if you want the reward...

Your right....I don't know what has gotten into me...AGAIN!...I am known for making the impossible possible... I will at least attempt to get what I want for the car 1st before I go with a already existing turbo kit and existing parts...my Tuner Alex shen can pull almost anything off from his experience andeven suggest getting bigger turbos...the turbos will fit no doubt about it...the T04Z is a 84.0mm turbo ans they fit well as twins even in a R32 engine bay..the innovative turbo I want is a 72mm so I am going for it...thanks...it does seem that my mind is going with the wind but I am sticking to my plans this time! and the 3.1L :popcorn:

·
Registered
261 Posts
If you're to make custom crank and rods you will need a spacer and sleeves.
I'm biulding an Custom RB31.
Brand new N1 block
Custom 86mm crank from Farndon (Tomie spec)
Custom 141mm C/C Titanium Rods from Crower
RB26 Wiseco 87mm Pistons
Custom Sleeves from Darton
Home made custom 29mm steel spacer

Roger

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yes you can go 3.2 but you would need 87mm boreX90mm stroke = 3210cc or 88mm X 88mm = 3211cc.
Beware to the rod length/stoke ratio the long stroke the longer rod will be needed.
Mine is 86mm stroke vs 143.5mm rod length will give 1.67:1

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So with a 3.2L what would you guess the hightest rpm I could get to then? hahha..I was told a 88 x 88 would be too much is that true? is a 3.4L impossible to get out of the RB26? hahaha I am really pushing it huh?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I think 88mmx88mm would be the best for 3.2lt.I don't think it will effect rpm top much as it depends on head work and cam profiles,example I went to 3.1 litre 87mmx86mm as I didn't what to long rods and more thicker spacer.
I"m sure that with my setup I will get around 1400hp and would be able to rev over 9000+rpm

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think 88mmx88mm would be the best for 3.2lt.I don't think it will effect rpm top much as it depends on head work and cam profiles,example I went to 3.1 litre 87mmx86mm as I didn't what to long rods and more thicker spacer.
I"m sure that with my setup I will get around 1400hp and would be able to rev over 9000+rpm
Well 88 x 88 it is then! get a even number.....dont know why OS giken didnt just make it an even 3.2 but who knows....I will have to talk to the guys at Crower and see what needs to be done...once the custom stroker kit is done will a 3.2L be just as easy to put in like a 2.8L?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
haha same here...also I am going for 272 duration cams....that should do it right? Plus good port cylinder heads I should be able to get 9000rpm+ right?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts