GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
The GTROC has an exchange deal where you can get sent a complete set of covers and get them polished/sprayed etc. before fitting them. That way you can continue to use the car while the covers are being done. And it's FREE!

If that helps please let me know :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent service you have there but it's no good to me as I've been told that the RB26 covers fit my RB25 engine, but not sure if that's correct???

Just looking for a set to try as I like the look of the 26's covers more. Silly I know :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any reason why???

they appear to have the same screw holes as the 25 covers and the heads are very similar???

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
RB25 and RB26 covers are very different. We're trying to source some RB25 covers to offer the same service and hope to have some for next year ;)

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I have a set sitting around doing absolutely nothing, shipping from South Korea will be a bit of a bear, but if you're willing, shoot me an offer :)

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I have read somewhere that RB26 covers can be fitted to a 25 head, but thought you needed a plenum that would suit. i.e. the crossover pipe found on the RB25 won't fit with the taller 26 covers in place.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
True. The top covers will fit but it requires a different pipe arrangement and/or plenum. The front cam belt cover is different also.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah it's just the top cam covers I need I was aware the front cas cover wouldn't fit. I'm changing the breather system anyway so that won't matter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts