GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Ive been asked by a friend to try and source a dry sump kit for an rb26 engine.

Does anything like this exist on the market/off the shelf ?

My research has told me, current cars running dry sump are custom jobs. And the alternative to dry sump is a high spec pump like tomei / Jun ?

therefore, where could i get tec advice on building a custom system?

Can anyone shed some light on this? Or point me in the right direction ?

thanks and regards
:bowdown1:

David

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Titon or pace make dry sump systems you ll have to modify the sump your self to take the dry sump system, ie make your own windidge tray and scavinge pick up.
as for pump these will be off the shelf.
The tank and pump bracket will have to be a custom job too.
Good luck , im not sure its needed as and incresed sump capacity and a better pump will do the job just fine.

·
Registered
438 Posts
hahaha wait...i want to know more also about this. dry sump is out of my vocab. since i have a GT-R..what are the benefits again?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Reduces the risk of oil starvation caused by high g-forces due to acceleration and cornering. I dont think anyone makes a system specifically for the RB26. A lot of the high end sports cars have the system as std like Porsche and Ferrari.

Gerry

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input chaps.

So, should i inform my friend that he needs to fabricate his own custom dry sump system or go for a larger capacity sump with a performance pump?

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Dry sumps also reduce the friction caused by the crank cutting through the oil sump. Some manufactures have tried to minimize this friction with the introduction of knife edged cranks. Dry sumps are used quite a lot on drag cars like Tim Websters Duke R33, high reving engines seem to benifit more from dry sumps.

·
Registered
438 Posts
and having it custom made with make it even more unique...most people dont like to take the time out and have custom made parts...most like off the shelf approach.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Hi
I am having drysump kits made for our race car,
will cost about £2500 for basic kit and require tank and pipework to
complete.
If you would like one let me know
regards Ron

·
Registered
438 Posts
hmmmm so if I wanted a custom dry sump he can make it? If I wanted a custom exhaust manifold he can make it? lol wow...I want alot of custom things done to the car anyway now that I have found someone that can do it I will keep him in mind ( and putting his website in my favorites) did he do some custom works for your GT-R?

·
Registered
42 Posts
hmmmm so if I wanted a custom dry sump he can make it? If I wanted a custom exhaust manifold he can make it? lol wow...I want alot of custom things done to the car anyway now that I have found someone that can do it I will keep him in mind ( and putting his website in my favorites) did he do some custom works for your GT-R?
yes, if you can think of
it! they will build it ! for you . very nices guys. there work is second to none . .:chuckle: were are u in the usa
if you have any question , just email me [email protected]

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
We're doing an external belt driven oil pump kit at the moment that is not full dry sump but it does away with the stock type oil pump system, it can retain A/C and is suitable for up to 13,500rpm

Our kit includes big sump, remote oil filter kit, all braided lines, custom billet mounts, belts etc etc suit 20/25/26/30.

Full dry sump kits will follow shortly.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts