1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
312 Posts
This would be huge. I much rather order a bare block and start there for my build than have a used block gone through to start a built. I need to do more research on this.

·
Registered
75 Posts
They should take some tips from Toyota this time around :chuckle:
Well thats was i was getting at :chuckle: Thicker more evenly spaced cylinder walls, harder blocks and a better oil pump design anyone :D Could be an opportunity to make it the best ever version and set down the same legacy the 1/2jz has!

·
Registered
151 Posts
There's a lot more in that announcement than just the rb26 block + head. Source: https://www.nismo.co.jp/news_list/2019/news_flash/19009.html

Looks like they're adding body panels. If you need a new rear quarter panel, roof, stock exhaust, or the front splitter that tends to get scraped up, they're doing those for the R32 GT-R now. They're also adding weatherstripping to the stock list.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well thats was i was getting at :chuckle: Thicker more evenly spaced cylinder walls, harder blocks and a better oil pump design anyone :D Could be an opportunity to make it the best ever version and set down the same legacy the 1/2jz has!
I know lol, but there's no time for 'beating about the bush' :chuckle:

I agree it would be a great time for them to do this but i doubt they care that much.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There's a lot more in that announcement than just the rb26 block + head. Source: https://www.nismo.co.jp/news_list/2019/news_flash/19009.html

Looks like they're adding body panels. If you need a new rear quarter panel, roof, stock exhaust, or the front splitter that tends to get scraped up, they're doing those for the R32 GT-R now. They're also adding weatherstripping to the stock list.
Yeah i saw that too, i think the gtrshop is already selling the new rear quarter panels. A great time for anyone who wants to bring their cars back to OEM and look new :bowdown1:

After i saw the Nismo Ti strut brace being put back into production i almost cried with joy :chuckle:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wonder if they will stick with parts like this or release a complete crate engine? The body panels are very welcome too.
A 2019 brand new crate RB26 would be very cool :smokin:, they wouldn't have to worry about the 'gentleman's agreement' this time round too...

·
GT-RDC Founder Member
12,443 Posts
Yeah i saw that too, i think the gtrshop is already selling the new rear quarter panels. A great time for anyone who wants to bring their cars back to OEM and look new :bowdown1:

After i saw the Nismo Ti strut brace being put back into production i almost cried with joy :chuckle:
Cheers for the mention Benny. Though we are now "The GTR Heritage Centre" see the link ;-)

We've been retailing Heritage Parts for a few months now. Body panels are flying away with rear 1/4's. Alot of our stuff is next day delivery when its on the shelf.

NISMO are changing the part numbers shortly though which usually means price jumps!!

Worth mentioning to 33gtr owners. Front arch liners per side £87.12 each brand new!!!! Ltd stocks.

We also have R32 and R34 arch liners plus loads of other stuff new.

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
Bullet proof oil pump gears and drive design has been sold for 5 years now :)

They will not change much if anything.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts