GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if it is possible to slap an rb26 in r34 gtt. also if it is a straight forward process.
is it a straight fit or do i have to change more than just the engine.
what else do i need to know before i begin.
which garage would you recommend.
many thanks for you help.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Ask Richard Bell at Rising Sun. He did the conversion for Ian H.
Pic of his car I took at the bubble meet a week ago......

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
IanH i think is the username

I don't know how often he comes on here now, as IIRC he sold the car...

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
sump needs to be changed, and as far as im aware aslong as you get the ecu and full engine loom you should be ok, get the engine as a lump still with all ancillaries and still mounted to sub frame that will make the conversion easier.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
If IanH still has his for sale, why not sell yours and buy that one, already done?

I have fitted an RB26 into a R33 GTS, similar mods required I guess,and mechanically the fit is straight forward, after hacking up the RB26 sump.

The wiring is not fun. It should be straight forward, but turns out not to be in most cases (difficult to seperate the ECU only wires from the others in the massive bunch).

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
Woulden't bother if I were you ,get a nice GTT and devalue it with an engine change to RB26 ,If you want that get a GTR .Insurance may be a problem and would more than likely cost loads more to get insured legaly ,your car would be at the bottom of the pile when it comes to selling as it has been bastardized .Just my opinion .

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
It might be worth checking out Ian H's web site for his GTT if it is still up there ,he spent shedloads on the car and it was never on the road for more than a few weeks and spent over a year in a garage ,I'm sure there are pleanty of threads about this on here and the other forum still .To be honest you better off saving up for a GTR later and enjoying the GTT for now .

·
Banned
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i actually own a GTR34, got a gtt without the engine so thought it maybe better to have a GTR engine rather than a GTT. but i think i,ve changed my mind now. thanks for the advice guys.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts