GTR Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I know! U were the one who said the straight 6 would make a good f1 engine, I was pointing out that it wasn't even a v8 so wouldn't be much good
Yeah, I meant in terms of not having to swap engines out! :chuckle:

Supras seem to make decent power from a straight 6, BMWs too, there seems to be quite a few tasty ones in Scandinavia :smokin:

Really is no point putting in an RB26. Keep whats there and build on it, or stick something cool in like others have done, V10 in an E36

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
Yeah, I meant in terms of not having to swap engines out! :chuckle:

Supras seem to make decent power from a straight 6, BMWs too, there seems to be quite a few tasty ones in Scandinavia :smokin:

Really is no point putting in an RB26. Keep whats there and build on it, or stick something cool in like others have done, V10 in an E36
Does an RB still hold the 4wd quarter mile world record? lol. Project GTS-t didn't do too bad either back in the RB days :smokin:

But agree on the point that with an e36 you are better off using whats there rather than spending loads of time and effort putting in an rb

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Ive thought about it alot (nothing else really) over the last few days.
Ive got too many cars and wanted to combine what i love about tge M3 and GTR in one car.
It is pointless, but would be cool.

The M3 is staying as it is but track prepped, may even take it off the road and trailor it to the track.
The Skyline is staying and i'll spend the money making it faster (when ive got it).

Best of both worlds but it means having both cars.

And a family car, and a work car!
Could do with sell the Convertible tho.

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
Ive got too many cars and wanted to combine what i love about tge M3 and GTR in one car.

The M3 is staying as it is but track prepped, may even take it off the road and trailor it to the track.
The Skyline is staying and i'll spend the money making it faster (when ive got it).

Gonna need a van too, oh and something thats good for towing, don't forget something for the winter, perhaps an offroader and also something for short journeys and town driving :) :smokin:

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,172 Posts

If you want more go from the M3 I'm sure that there are bolt on centrifugal supercharger kits about. I think some aftermarket boys set a stunning ring time with such a set up, which suggests it's good on the track.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hey Big Jim, nice choice on the e36. Is yours RHD or LHD?

I run a supercharged 3.2 E36 M3 as my daily and an r32 gtr as my track car. The m/s5x motors are excellent to turbo and supercharge, and your best bet is probably to stick with what you have as your base. They are popular in North America. bimmerforums.com Forced Induction section is an excellent resource. I can probably answer some questions you may have.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You can get conversion kits in Australia pretty cheaply, just google dryden motorsports and have a look at their kits.

Kagan

21 - 35 of 35 Posts