GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I recently brought a manual 4dr R33 GTS4 and after seeing some photos of 4ddr GTR's online I've decided I want to build one. Im gonna start with the engine (RB25DE atm), swapping it out for a RB26DETT. Looking at a couple of options at the moment..

I have found a good deal on an R32 RB26 w/gearbox and was wondering if it would be a simple bolt in to the R33?

Also if I got a R33 RB26 would I need to change the gearbox, as I have heard some people say that you do and some people say you don't...

Any other tips or advice on an GTS4 to GTR conversion would be great help as I'm pretty new to all this. My car is stock standard atm..

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
78 Posts
Since you are in windy wellington, why not put in a 3L bottom end... torque +, might even end up cheaper.
or - just strap a turbo on the side at 0.6 bar (or better yet, a supercharger). And when E85 starts getting plentiful, you could probably up the boost to 1 bar. Speak to your tuner... and take everything I say with a grain of salt (or the saltshaker)

in the R32 the gtr4 and gtr boxes are interfaced identically, and have very minor mechanical differences (a few shafts are smaller, but they aren't the ones that can have issues). So either way, you shouldn't need a new gearbox... but I don't know if the R33 gts4 is the same - I would suppose so, perhaps someone else could confirm.

I have a 4 door '32 gts4 back in aus, and I want to do the same kind of thing as well.

The long shot it you won't have a 4 door GTR unless you have exceedingly deep pockets. But you can have a powerful, fast 4 door 4wd skyline. Just keep everything balanced.

skylinesdownunder or skylinesaustralia may be convinient - right hemisphere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was originally thinking about just adding a turbo but I was told that it would be a better idea to buy a RB25DET as the engine internals were slightly different.

I went out to talk to some guys that were recommended to me as they have just finished a 4dr GTR project and they reckon I can easily keep it under $10,000.

So do you know if the R32 engine would bolt straight into the R33? or would I definitely need a R33 engine?

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
The R32 GTR engine will "bolt in" just as the 25 did, just swap the 25 flywheel/clutch etc. From there your up for wiring, exhaust, intercooler plumbing and lots of little things, if you do alot of the work yourself you possibly could up and running with a stock 26 in your car for 10k.

Rob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I already have 2.5in exhaust and as for wiring, most of the engines I've seen come with an ecu and uncut loom...

I can't post links apparently but the engine I'm looking at comes with:

RB26DETT R32 GTR ENGINE PACKAGE

Freshly imported from Japan we have a rb26dett Bnr r32 GTR engine package up for sale.

<<<Engine has done 98,300 km>>>

<<< Comes with free set of new after market brand new ultra spark coils>>>

This engine package comes complete with

* Uncut wiring loom
* ecu
* air flow meters
* factory front pipe
* twin turbo set up with dump pipes
* complete intake including injectors
* engine mounts
* stater motor
* air con pump
* alternator
* power steering pump
* Custom painted rocker covers and intake
* Genuine trust oil cap
* Free set of brand new Ultra Spark coils

Rear wheel drive sumps available fitted for extra $220

Compression test has been done,all cylinder are even at 150psi cold.

Would I need anything else?

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
I have a 26 in a stagea and seem to recall that some extra wiring to the Attessa was required ( think it was the tps wire and ecu signal)
This might have been because I have an F con though.

In any event good luck with the build.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts