GTR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
Hi scottc

I don't have any standard cranks for sale but I do have a billet crank for sale if that is of any help:thumbsup:

Regards Mark

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
I have had a potential offer on my hks rods and pistons, which means I may have a lightened/balanced stock long nose crank for sale soon, my price would be £500 + delivery.

·
Registered
9,756 Posts
Just buy a brand new one from RHDJapan or from Nissan dealers in US and take the risk out of a used one, most will have wear by now as they are over 10 years old.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Just buy a brand new one from RHDJapan or from Nissan dealers in US and take the risk out of a used one, most will have wear by now as they are over 10 years old.
Sorry but that statement is rubbish a crank floats on a film of oil, therefore as long as there are no oil issues it is quite usual to be at completely standard size. You also have to factor in 20% import duty on the item plus posatge then vat ontop of that. You used to bele to get stuff trhough without tax but everything I have had sent in the last 3 years has been taxed and they usaulayy add an admin fee aswell.

I still have a crank available, but dont have a micrometer currently, I am quite happy for you to call over and inspect it.

·
Registered
9,756 Posts
I was getting people offering me a crank for £500 ish. The statement can be seen in two ways rubbish or what happens in reality.

I know the crank spins on a film of oil but you never know the life is has had and the stresses it has been put through and how much it would have bent and distorted in that time. Lots of cranks I have seen have had varying levels of wear enough to warrant a grind and use .25 bearings which I do not want to do.

So £800 odd on a new crank is money well spent imo.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I was getting people offering me a crank for £500 ish. The statement can be seen in two ways rubbish or what happens in reality.

I know the crank spins on a film of oil but you never know the life is has had and the stresses it has been put through and how much it would have bent and distorted in that time. Lots of cranks I have seen have had varying levels of wear enough to warrant a grind and use .25 bearings which I do not want to do.

So £800 odd on a new crank is money well spent imo.
The point I was making is that if you pay £800ish to rhd or similar by the time this has arrived and you have payed the import taxs it is much more like total £1150.

At this point a used crank at £500 is much more appealing and I have only ever seen them bend if they have spun a bearing.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
as above, I ordered a new one but there not in stock at the min so got my money back. need one asap so not an option to wait

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
I have been made an offer on my hks pistons and rods in my 700 hp engine, if the sale goes through i will strip the motor and I will sell you my lightened and balanced stock crank for £500 ;)

im not stripping it though til I have confirmed sales of a few parts first.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry but that statement is rubbish a crank floats on a film of oil, therefore as long as there are no oil issues it is quite usual to be at completely standard size. You also have to factor in 20% import duty on the item plus posatge then vat ontop of that. You used to bele to get stuff trhough without tax but everything I have had sent in the last 3 years has been taxed and they usaulayy add an admin fee aswell.

I still have a crank available, but dont have a micrometer currently, I am quite happy for you to call over and inspect it.
pm'd you mate

1 - 14 of 14 Posts