GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys im in a middle of a build and woundering to use either a tomei oil restrictor, or tap in the back of my head and return to sump below oil level just like to hear your thoughts thanks

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
There are as many opinions as there are Skylines :) There is a HUGE discussion on the Australian Skyline forum that goes into painful depth, but fails to reach a universally agreed conclusion. A search here will give a lot of opinion, too. Personally I think a return to the sump UNDER the oil level is totally wrong, I have done it quite differently. IMO half the problem is tired engines that produce a lot of piston blow by. I would use a head feed oil restrictor, for sure.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also some people say you can drill the oil return holes in the block bigger just want to know what size diameter and also if people do the cyclinder head returns to match the block

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THANKS BUT I CANT SEE IF THE OD TO DRILL THE OIL RETURN HOLES

·
Registered
55 Posts
here is a copy about the returns:

Drill out the oil return galleries in the head and block is pretty much self explanatory. As is machining (die grinder) around the oil return galleries to facilitate access for the oil to the return bgalleries.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts