GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I'm looking for a R33 or R34 GTR that has 650 to 750 BHP or close to it. I currently own a near 600 BHP R33 which is in Australia where I used to live, I've now moved back to Blighty and i'm looking for a new toy.

Now I know power isn't everything and I would like it to be as responsive as possible as well as having low down ummff (basically the best compromise between power and response).

My question is this have or do you know of anyone who has bought a GTR as a 2.6 then increased the capacity to a 2.7 or 2.8ltr.... I know many people would change turbo's and other parts at the same time but I'm trying to get an Idea which direction to take RB26 or RB28....

Thanks in advance

Chris

·
Registered
276 Posts
My R34 GTR had a 2.8k HKS kit but it blow not to long ago. I was doing 343Kph on it with a TD04z almost every weekend here in Japan. Lasted for 35,000k. it had about 700 to 750hp on it. It had alot of torque compared to the 2.6 but you can get a RB26 to push 700hp with a td04z and inter head work all day, its all about the tunning.

O and by the way, rumor on the street is that the HKS stroker kit has stopped being produced.

Your best bet is to get a tomei 2.7 since it has a full counter crank and pick the turbo you like for what ever you want to do.

Give me 4,000,000 yen and I can get you a new R33 GTR vspec with a new 2.7l kit in there plus the trubo kit with 00000000K on the engine. Have to build it first. Let me know.

Dan

·
Registered
276 Posts
Just to let eveyone know, there isnt alot of RB30 being used in Japan for some werid reason. Aussies love them! lol

By the way where can you order one? and how much?

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
I have RB30 engine specials starting next week and for all of October (20th aniversary for engine building and 40th birthday for me so thought it was an ideal time for extra special deals)
check my website Rotorua Import Pro Shop R.I.P.S I'm pretty sure it will be 15-20% off normal website rates.

Rob

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like a right weapon Dan sorry to hear it let go...... At nearly £27k i can get a well tuned 34 over here as the exchange rate has gone downhill in a big way. What are you going to put in your 34 now????

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Justin, I think i'm best sticking with 25/30s or like. But I did see this car some months ago, I was just to slow to grab it..... One of the nicest engine bays i've ever seen and as you can see from the spec it's not all show and no go!!! HKS step 3 2.8 and GT-RS turbo's......

·
Registered
396 Posts
I would be 2.8 all the way, I have several of them and would highly recomend them, they are putting out about 680 - 700bhp @wheels and 600lb @ wheels with ease and are really drivable as well as pretty fast.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
What are the options if HKS doesn't produce the 2.8L cranks anymore?
They never produced them themselfs I heard, they're from Farndon, right?

Marc

·
Registered
411 Posts
step1 and 2 are still in production, only the 3 was discontinued and that was a while ago.

unless this changed recently. cranks are made by farndon in coventry

·
Registered
396 Posts
What are the options if HKS doesn't produce the 2.8L cranks anymore?
They never produced them themselfs I heard, they're from Farndon, right?

Marc
Farndons did make the base crank for HKS for along time and they still do make them now but not for HKS, MGT distribute them now I know, 2 of my engines run them and I am very impressed.

HKS used to take them and finish them off originally but then had them made locally later on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts