GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the process of sorting the engine bay out.
I would like to remove the plenum for a bit of Autosolve treatment...
Can anyone tell me how difficult it is to remove, anything to be aware of and roughly how long would it take... ?
Thanks

·
Registered
282 Posts
In the process of sorting the engine bay out.
I would like to remove the plenum for a bit of Autosolve treatment...
Can anyone tell me how difficult it is to remove, anything to be aware of and roughly how long would it take... ?
Thanks
Hi Spoons try searching on here theres lots about Plenum removal

·
Banned
114 Posts
Spoons, if you want to remove it just for cosmetic purposes then i'd leave it alone if i were you..

Its an absolute mother of a job.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ummmm.. It is just for cosmetic reasons, car runs sweet not keen on the idea of possibly introducing irratic idling.
Didnt realise there were a good number of connections below it either, I think that I will try touching up the few marks in the black paint first.

Cheers Gents

·
Registered
733 Posts
First time I did it, It was a nightmare, But would do it again as I know what I'm looking for now. New skin a girls little hand(hehe).

Toook mine out for polishing and was worth it. First time took four hours in and out with a lot os swearing and missing tools down the engine bay somewhere.

·
Registered
234 Posts
i removed my plenum the other day with the engine out on the ground and after seeing whats involved i wouldnt advise anyone to do it in place its as bad a job as changing tubs in place

·
Registered
733 Posts
Cheat like me, Something like, 10 bolts out underneath, But only four back in and a cable tie going in.

·
Registered
412 Posts
i will have a polished plenum for sale shortly if you want one (its half polished now but it got left as i had other bits to polish)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all for comments, altho its bugging me as I have done most of the engine bay now, I have decided to leave well alone at least until I've seen a complete out of car RB26 to see what's involved.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts