GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm doing a R33 RB26 swap into a S14 chassis. I've done the RB25 swap before, but first time with RB26. I've done a lot of searching but keep finding conflicting answers.

I know I need to use the RB25 rwd transmission and a RB25 clutch kit, and I plan on using the R33 rb25 trans with the push style clutch. But can I use my current RB26 flywheel and starter? The current clutch setup on my r33 engine is for a pull-style clutch, but I don't know what's different about the flywheel and starter between the pull-style and the push-style.

The part number on my starter is 23300 20P05 if that helps.

Thanks,

Sean

·
Premium Member
11,878 Posts
The started motors are the same. To be safe, can you use a push flywheel. I am sure all solid flywheels are the same. I'll check on FAST in a bit. So, you can probably use any solid flywheel and starter motor.

·
Premium Member
11,878 Posts
FAST lists your part number as fitting everything post '94. Looks like the R32 had 2 variants of starter motor so yes, all started will fit everything. All solid flywheels are the same too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Really? That's awesome! It would save me some money to use towards other parts since I already have these. I can see the R32 having 2 variants since the early ones had a push clutch and the later had pull clutch. That was some of what led me to believe that the starters were different. Then I read that the flywheel had to be changed to the r32 push or r33 push flywheel, but no one explained to me why.

I don't know why the push r33 rb25 flywheel would be different than r33 rb26 pull flywheel? Same amount of bolt holes, and I'll be using a rb25 push clutch set and tranny anyways, so I wonder why I keep reading that the flywheel and starter are different.

Thanks for looking that up and the quick reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.