GTR Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
yt48-ya good point with the oil pump il discuss this issue with my tuner..i have heard bad reports about N1 pumps but some good reports too..as for big single big thumbs up!! hks to4z is what id go for.. perfect for 600 to 700bhp mark..check out the white t78 powred 33 gtr on youtube..type in "best skyline sound" quality clip!!il be happy with my gt2860-5s on this car..big single for my next gtr!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I recommend you look into COMP Turbo as well. They have new Triple Ball bearing rotating assemblies with Garrett housings. The Supra guys in USA have had damn good luck with them. Price is around the same as the HKS or a little less, depending on trim and a few variables.

The impellers also have extended tips to hold higher boost for sustained periods of time. (from people that actually used and tested them vs what borgwarner says on their site)

COMP was formed by a few ex-employees from ITS Turbo systems (Famous for building a lot of 1000 + hp JZA80 Supras). Reason i am suggesting this, is because i am eventually eyeing this as well.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
NO I DONT..arent you the guy that told me "all thats telling me is that you need a new oil sender unit"...and ur sayn that you know more about whats needed to tune an rb26 to 600bhp than robbie thornton and rod bell??id bet my gtr on it that you dont know and never will know...also my friend runs a gtr with the same turbos,cams etc on the same boost mapped for the same petrol and its jst under 600 at the flywheel..i think ur the one that needs to do more research or better still sell ur gtr and stop replying to threads on this forum with stupid totally unhelpfull comments...go spend ur spare time tire polishing ur 355 instead budy...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Clearly you are special needs so I will take you through this slowly.
You DO NOT need different cams or pulleys to make 600hp
You do need to do more research because obviously you dont know shit about anything .....especially rebuilding the RB26 ....

well that would be a pleasent surprise..!!however iv been onto a few of the best tuners in the business and they are saying different along with a few mechanic friends of mine.Either way i want to rebuild it anyway as 470bhp isnt all dat great and i want exploit the other good mods the car has..also have you experienced this oil pressure problem before?
So why on earth are you even on these forums asking all these stupid questions ....
Wouldnt this "best in the business" chap be able to answer all your questions ?

Oil sender unit issues are famous in GTR's as you would know if you were not thick ...

Im amazed your thread hasnt been removed as the spelling is borderline txt talk written by a 12 year old.

*cares*

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
did you run out of tire polish glen??!iv gone through my engine in detail and what parts are needed with rod bell of rb motorsport.Hes the man that built keith cowies engine and is one of the best gtr tuners in the uk..il take hes advice over yours..also i asked what kind of money i should be paying for the engine spec i want..im looking for answers off people who have had experience before in building an engine to this spec and what sort of money they have paid.That is not a stupid question..also im well aware of oil sender unit problems but the oil sender unit has got nothing to do with the oil pressure going up and down when the clutch is pressed in..its solely down to the trust washers in the crank.And finally this is a forum to discuss info about gtrs..not an english grammer competition.Dont reply to me because even if you did have experience in the costs involved id imagine the prices in new zealand are different to the prices in the uk and ireland..no hard feelings glen.Im not on this forum for arguments..were all gtr enthusiasts at the end of the day and should be friendly and helpfull towards each other.i know whats wrong with my car and what parts i need im just not too sure about prices thats all!i apologise for taking the piss out of you and can see why u feel anger towards me after my last reply....cool?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think the bickering is kind of useless, i guess it's better to offer constructive criticism so everyone can learn from this thread.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
cool beans glenn! as a matter of interest what car do you prefer? ur gtr or ur 355??2 very different cars but both insane in there own way...wat power is ur gtr?

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Glen, you have a real 355 ferrari?????

·
Registered
6,560 Posts

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Dont forget to make sure the CAS is done up tight and the base timing is correct when you collect the car ....................
So I dont get kicked off the site again.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Ferrari's are real b*tches to work on, and they need attention...a lot :D
Nice to drive though :thumbsup:
Yours wouldn't happen to be the later Challenge model with 17 more horses to play with would it?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts