GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RB26DET - Single Turbo Swap Plumbing Greddy T78.

Greddy T78, non-water cooled, non-BB. External wastegate...will these work?

#1 oil return from turbo - 3/4BSP or 3/4NPT? Is 12AN too big for an oil drain?
#2 oil supply to turbo - M12x1.0 to 4AN? Do I need a restrictor for non-BB?
#3 oil return from turbo - Blocked.
#4 water from turbo. - Not needed for non-water cooled turbo?
#5 boost pressure - To external wastegate?
#6 sense line from turbo inlet to boost pressure control solenoid - To boost controller?
#7 water to turbo - Blocked on non-water cooled turbo?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
get rid of 4,5,6,7 completely, send turbo water return around cam cover and connect into to hose housing the thin pipe. then take feed for boost controller from turbo compressor.

dont usually need oil restrictors in old non bb turbo.

·
Registered
197 Posts
just wondering cant you just blank the water pipe which 'T's off under the inlet manifold and blank the bit off by where the top hose sits,

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you mean block #1 in this pic? I'm not sure. I've got rid of my heater matrix and replaced my oil cooler with a thermostat plate. Is there any way for the coolant to get to the radiator without a tube between #1 and #2?

And I assume you mean remove #4 in this pic? I think you can if you're going to run your water from the turbo to the radiator in a different fashion.

·
Registered
197 Posts
yea im thinking of getting rid of 4 completly, as i will have no use for water pipes to my turbo,

under the inlet you have the pipe which feeds the heater matrix, and at a point there is a `T` off point which then splits, one point goes to the turbo and the other pipe goes onto the inlet plate bit, i was thinking if just removed the pipe which goes to the turbo and join the other two pipes up, but im just unsure as i cant seem to find a good coolant flow diagram for the rb26 engine, i do have a pic of what i mean but cant remember how to do pics of forums lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea im thinking of getting rid of 4 completly, as i will have no use for water pipes to my turbo,

under the inlet you have the pipe which feeds the heater matrix, and at a point there is a `T` off point which then splits, one point goes to the turbo and the other pipe goes onto the inlet plate bit, i was thinking if just removed the pipe which goes to the turbo and join the other two pipes up, but im just unsure as i cant seem to find a good coolant flow diagram for the rb26 engine, i do have a pic of what i mean but cant remember how to do pics of forums lol
From responses on 2 other forums, 1 and 2 can be blocked if you're not running a heater or OEM oil cooler.

·
Registered
197 Posts
im still running heater and oil cooler, i just want to completely remove the water pipe which goes round the back of the head to the turbos and then round the front on the cam cover to where the top hose fits onto, just to make thinks look alot neater, its number 4 pipe which im on about just want to know if i can block it off at the other end of the pipe, without messing you the water flow around the engine

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im still running heater and oil cooler, i just want to completely remove the water pipe which goes round the back of the head to the turbos and then round the front on the cam cover to where the top hose fits onto, just to make thinks look alot neater, its number 4 pipe which im on about just want to know if i can block it off at the other end of the pipe, without messing you the water flow around the engine
If your turbo is water-cooled, I think you're gonna need one of those lines, or another way to get the coolant away from the turbo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts