GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, given up searching google after hours n hours

While ive got my engine out doing few upgrades, wanted to remove the standard breathers on the camshaft covers and fit the adapters to run proper braided hoses / an connectors

months ago i did manage to find a post online about doing it which involved tapping out the original union from the underside and then needing specific sized parts, possibly even tapping a large thread into the camshaft covers...

but can i find it now!

anyhow, have given up the search and hoping you guys maybe able to shed some light

Cheers :)

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Thats one way to do it but we put a thread in the rocker covers and screw in a 90 degree fitting so it keeps the height down.

Rob

·
Registered
230 Posts
I use a 3/4" npt (or is it 1"npt) fitting, i cant remember, you will just have to measure it first. It will need drilling to suit the tap size. I think you only need to open the hole up 1 on 2mm by memory. Then just get some 3/4" or 1" npt 90deg screw in fittings and your away.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers for replies :) heave used interbet using ur suggestions and found that site i had before, suggests removing the covers baffle, knocking the old breather up and out, drillibg with a 29/32 drill bit and tap with 3/4 npt and go from there :), and reason for doing it is purely cosmetic, reduces pipe work as wont need the link abd outlet from both, and looks a lot more better than rubber hoses and a preasure clip holding them on :) and the fact engine is out and everything that i can, im powder coating to finally have a nice looking rust free vehicle

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
i used M18 X 1.5 on mine with -10 the other end. the male/male fitting can then always stay fitted in the cover and the 90 on the pipe can be removed (RB25 engine)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts