GTR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im fairly new here, i have a r33 gtr witch had a push type conversion before i bought the car. The clutch started slipping just after i had bought it. so replaced it with an ACT 6 paddle clutch that, after 1400 miles has started slipping, i gave it 500 miles bedding in as required. the cluch release bearing when i put the clutch in was very close to the clutch pressure plate, i mean very close, i thought there was meant to be about 1/4 of an inch between the bearing and the fingers but it wasnt possible it was as far returned as it could go. i did a little research and was told that i need to cut a sleeve down in the the box. i have taken the box off today and after looking at it, i really dont know which sleeve i need to cut down, as the bearing slider doesnt effect how close the bearing is to the pressure plate, all i can think of is, that the z32 back plate that sits in the gear box would have to be skimmed or, the collar that the fork mates up against (also on this back plate) needs to be cut down. can some one please advise me what to do as i dont want to wast my money doing the wring thing.. Cheers James

1 - 2 of 2 Posts