GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i was just wondering wat the average rebuild cost is on an R33 GTR? can anybody help?

Regards
Rob

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
5 - 6 grand if you upgrade.

I would think for than 3.5k for a standard engine would be unreasonable.

IMO

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
done a stockish rebuild for under £1200 with forged pistons and a new clutch....

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
New engine shouldn't cost more than £2000, so any more than that and you'd be better off buying another lump - or building a decent spec engine like I did :D

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
New engine shouldn't cost more than £2000, so any more than that and you'd be better off buying another lump - or building a decent spec engine like I did :D
how refreshing!

im a bit used to the blinkered view on the "other" site, many people think unless you have built 100's of skyline engines or paid less than 5K for the rebuild its a total waste of time:chuckle:

·
Registered
318 Posts
pick mine up tomorrow. ive had forged pistons and rods fitted, along with some different turbos.
my bill will be £3500 inclusive of vat, so knock off £1500 for the turbos, its about £2k including vat ( i supplied the rods and pistons) then £300 for a remap after ive run it in.
i have all my work done at rising sun in alton hampshire, and find them to be very reasonable compaired to other tuners.

·
Registered
318 Posts
pick mine up tomorrow. ive had forged pistons and rods fitted.
total price is £3500 inc vat, so knock off £1500 for the turbos they supplied makes the bill around £2k inclusive of vat (i supplied the rods and pistons)
i have all my work done at rising sun in alton hampshire, and find them to be very reasonable compaired to other main tuners.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Im getting mine made at the moment. RB30 standard bottom block with a jun oil pump bit of work to the head £3500ish so far.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Rotorua Import Pro Shop is the dude whos doing the work.

Theres more work im getting done however i dont think the final figure will go over £4000. Im looking to get the engine set up for around 500-600 bhp.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
pick mine up tomorrow. ive had forged pistons and rods fitted.
total price is £3500 inc vat, so knock off £1500 for the turbos they supplied makes the bill around £2k inclusive of vat (i supplied the rods and pistons)
i have all my work done at rising sun in alton hampshire, and find them to be very reasonable compaired to other main tuners.
Nothing went wrong with yours though did it? Thats just an upgrade, not a rebuild after something's failed, which undoubtedly costs more ;)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Nothing went wrong with yours though did it? Thats just an upgrade, not a rebuild after something's failed, which undoubtedly costs more ;)

yes it did he shattered a piston ring and whetever the things that separate the rings are called.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Sorry, my mistake :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanx for all ur help guys, im trying to convince my mate to buy trojansports skyline and wanted to give him some advised about rebuilds.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts