GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time has come to sell my beloved RB30 bottom end. I bought it a few years ago with the inention of building and fitting it but alas this never came to be. The car is just so far off right now that keeping this just doesn't make sense when I could use the money tied up in it to complete other things on the car and get it in a closer state to being on the road.

The block itself has been decked and honed. It has been drilled and tapped for RB26 M12 head studs. The front has been drilled and tapped for the extra tensioner for the timing belt. I have a healthy set of standard rods and pistons there also with it. The crankshaft has the larger oil pump collar already fitted also. The only fault as you will see in the pics is that the first journal on the crankshaft behind where the oil pump goes is slightly pitted so will probably need to be reground.

Price is €1000

Buyer pays and organises shipping. I will put it on a pallet and wrap & tie it down for shipping etc., but any courier will have to have a tail lift and pallet truck or a forklift as I have none of these things.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, nothing. That's why it's such a killer to have to sell it. Just address the issue with that first journal on the crank and a set of bearings and pumps
and you have a bottom end ready to go.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Will the 4wd sump just bolt to it or does it require an adapter... Also does it have the crank cradle ?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it has the crank cradle, sorry forgot to mention that.

As far as I know the 4wd sump requires an adapter. That's only from wat I've read now I'm not an expert on it. I was going to run this in rwd so didn't need to read up on that end of things.

The serial number of this is RB30 108819A for anyone who wants to know. I don't know if it's series 1 or 2. How do I tell?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There's more then a block there folks. Block, crank and a full set of rods and pistons. Also all the hard work is done as per first post.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Yes but as stated in first post its

likely to need re grinding and no engine builder I know of will build an engine with a reground crank

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes but as stated in first post its

likely to need re grinding and no engine builder I know of will build an engine with a reground crank
I had the same concerns, which is why I asked Robbie Ward himself. He said it was no harm to run a reground crank in an RB30, even 1 running big power. Ask him yourself if you don't believe me.

R32 Combat YHPM

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I had the same concerns, which is why I asked Robbie Ward himself. He said it was no harm to run a reground crank in an RB30, even 1 running big power. Ask him yourself if you don't believe me.

R32 Combat YHPM

I don't have issues with ground cranks I know a few peeps running ground cranks on rb26 with no issues I also have a ground crank and every engine builder I've asked to build mine won't use my crank for some reason

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't have issues with ground cranks I know a few peeps running ground cranks on rb26 with no issues I also have a ground crank and every engine builder I've asked to build mine won't use my crank for some reason
You're Anthony's mate aren't you? Talk to Anthony buddy. He got someone to build up his with a nice table of all the measurements of tolerance etc.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yep, there's no harm in it once you match the bearings and know how to check it's been done correctly. Are you thinking of having a go yourself or what's your plan now buck?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
My current crank is at machine shop awaiting answer on if its bent or not if its bent there's every chance I may be looking at this

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well if you want my number I'll send it on, I can keep in touch with you through whatsapp or 1 of those things if you want. You'll be in awful bad luck if you've bent your shaft, did you spin a main or a bigend the last time?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Its span no6 rod bearing this time last time the bearings were fine I bought the car with ring lands gone on 3&6 this time I cocked up after drilling oil return holes in sump I didn't clean out the sump properly through sheer laziness and I payed for it big time

1 - 20 of 24 Posts