GTR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Im new to the forum. I havent posted much. Im in a situation that needs an answer. I tried the "search" button and google with no answer.

I have 2 Rb30 projects going on for my Kr4 R33 (3.2l 90mm stroke twin 2871-10s) and the "other" motor.
I have an rb30det which i purchased sight unseen (fail on my part.) it came with the block and girdle. The motor spun a bearing and damaged the crank girdle and block. The block has such minimal damage, a good tunnel bore will make everything perfect. The girdle took all athe damage and is about as useful as "Tits on a bull."
So my question is this: are the rb25 and rb30 crank girdles the same part number? Are they interchangeble?
Id really like to get this a replacement girdle so I can get everthing tunnel bored and get this into my r34 asap.

Thank you in advance. Any advice will help,
J

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
The girdles are honed in place. You can make your own or get them machined and inline honed. You should not swap them from block to block.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.