GTR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
I prefer a properly built,tuned,high revving and big power RB30 :)
With you 100% on that one mate.

A properly built RB30 will rev just as high as most are game enough to rev their built 26s (rod/stroke ratio is far superior in a 30 also) so there really is no down side to a 30 IMHO.

Rob

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Definitely, of all the reasonably modded GTRs I have been in - an RB30 powered one is head and shoulders above the rest... no less revs, WAY better driveability and general power delivery.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
My RB26 is fine, and the engine rebuild was well built....But

I wish there was so much info and adaptor kits etc when I blew up the engine, I would have chucked it for a RB30.

...Can rev just as hard, with 400cc of more torque....What's not to like?

·
Premium Member
3,996 Posts
I prefer a propperly built,tuned,high revving and big power RB26.
Irish GTR some info please as I do not know.

Are there any RB26s with 1200/1300 HP or more, and if there are what do they rev to?

Any examples? Videos?

Cheers..........Jeff.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
to the best of my knowledge the os rb30 can go to a max displacement of 3.15 with a bore and bigger pistons

i don't know what the rips version can go to...

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
I'm keen to hear how spools 3.4 goes, should be great if they can get it to fit.

I have been working on 3.5s and bigger for a while now, I just need a customer to give me the green light for it to become a priorety rather than a spare time exersize.

Rob

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I'm keen to hear how spools 3.4 goes, should be great if they can get it to fit.

I have been working on 3.5s and bigger for a while now, I just need a customer to give me the green light for it to become a priorety rather than a spare time exersize.

Rob
3.5L mmmmmm :thumbsup:

Here in norway there are lots of people doing 3.6 / 3.8L BMW engines, and my god those engines put out lots of torque!

The 4L twinturbo lexus engine we built in a friends S13 put out almost 600nm at the hubs at 2500rpm. Running E85 fuel

Asim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.