GTR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
I prefer a properly built,tuned,high revving and big power RB30 :)
With you 100% on that one mate.

A properly built RB30 will rev just as high as most are game enough to rev their built 26s (rod/stroke ratio is far superior in a 30 also) so there really is no down side to a 30 IMHO.

Rob

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Definitely, of all the reasonably modded GTRs I have been in - an RB30 powered one is head and shoulders above the rest... no less revs, WAY better driveability and general power delivery.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
My RB26 is fine, and the engine rebuild was well built....But

I wish there was so much info and adaptor kits etc when I blew up the engine, I would have chucked it for a RB30.

...Can rev just as hard, with 400cc of more torque....What's not to like?

·
Premium Member
3,996 Posts
I prefer a propperly built,tuned,high revving and big power RB26.
Irish GTR some info please as I do not know.

Are there any RB26s with 1200/1300 HP or more, and if there are what do they rev to?

Any examples? Videos?

Cheers..........Jeff.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ppl are talking about rb31, rb33 and rb34 now lol ... all on the rb30 block...

still remember when the 2.7 and 2.8 kits were the top dogs

its all good

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
to the best of my knowledge the os rb30 can go to a max displacement of 3.15 with a bore and bigger pistons

i don't know what the rips version can go to...

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
I'm keen to hear how spools 3.4 goes, should be great if they can get it to fit.

I have been working on 3.5s and bigger for a while now, I just need a customer to give me the green light for it to become a priorety rather than a spare time exersize.

Rob

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I'm keen to hear how spools 3.4 goes, should be great if they can get it to fit.

I have been working on 3.5s and bigger for a while now, I just need a customer to give me the green light for it to become a priorety rather than a spare time exersize.

Rob
3.5L mmmmmm :thumbsup:

Here in norway there are lots of people doing 3.6 / 3.8L BMW engines, and my god those engines put out lots of torque!

The 4L twinturbo lexus engine we built in a friends S13 put out almost 600nm at the hubs at 2500rpm. Running E85 fuel

Asim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts